• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worldwiderebates and Diamond Video Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
Plain and simple - THEY SUCK.
If anyone else has experience with this combo, please let me know:
Worldwiderebates.com, Tigerdirect.com and Diamond video cards

I don't know who to blame, WWR or Diamond, but I've had a $30 rebate pending with WWR for a Diamond HD2600XT video card that I purchased from Tigerdirect since December 2008.

I have tried, COUNTLESS AMOUNT OF TIMES, to rectify the situation and get my deserved rebate. I am professional with rebate submissions and have yet to have one denied that I submitted correctly.

Needless to say, even if TG or Diamond were the reason I didn't receive my rebate, WWR is EXTREMELY unprofessional.

I am posting this because I am now going to fight fire with fire. If WWR thinks I'm just a pawn, they are clearly mistaken. I want anyone on the internet that can google this to understand that many rebate companies are scam artists, and will do as much as they can to prevent you from getting a check from them. For those rebate companies that don't do this, my hats off to you.

Here is a history of MONTHS of emails with WWR that I can dig up:
*I have removed some information for my protection*
  • Dec 24 2008 - Daimond HD 2600XT 512MB PCI-E Video card purchased from tigerdirect.com - Rebate Offer: DM-5170 with WWR
  • Jan 7 2009 - Registered rebate online with WWR and mailed out same day
  • Jan 8 2009 - confirmation email from WWR for the rebate submission online
  • Jan 22 2009 - received email from WWR that my rebate was processed and approved as Basic service for a $30 check
  • Feb 20 2009 - email that the rebate check has been processed and mailed
  • Sometime in-between - received only the envelope for the rebate - funny, right?
  • Mar 16 2009 - email to WWR customer service:
    To whom it may concern:

RE: Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I received the envelope for this rebate only. The rebate portion of it is completely missing, thus I don't have the $30 rebate check. I don't know if it was sent or it got lost in the mail, but please advise as to how I may receive my $30 payment.

Thank you kindly,
    Mr. X
  • Mar 18 2009 - received an email from them as blank (with just my quote below)
  • Mar 18 2009 (same day) - I replied with this:
    RE: *Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX*

This is your reply?? BLANK?

I'd like a reply with some consideration of the customer.

Please see the information quoted below for further information.

Thank you,
    Mr. X
  • Mar 20 2009 - again, received an email from them as blank (with just my quote below)
  • Mar 20 2009 (same day) - I replied with this:
    May I please have a HUMANLY response? Am I receiving a replacement check?

If I cannot get a respone I'll have to take this to the next level. What kind of service is this?

I'd like a reply soon.

Thank you,
    Mr. X
  • Mar 20 2009 - reply back same day from them with this:
    reissue has been requested
    Isn't that professional? All lower case, no signature, and I wasn't even addressed properly. I'm not sure how most of you out there run a business, but professionalism is something I respect and if you can't show that in a business relationship, you obviously don't take your business seriously.
  • Mar 27 2009 - my email to them:
    RE: Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

WHERE IS MY $30 REBATE CHECK??

I was told it was re-issued, and I still haven't received anything.

Please get back to me.

Sincerely,
    Mr. X
  • Mar 28 2008 - reply from them (a bit better):
    Our system indicates that your rebate has been sent to the finance department, and your check will be re-issued.
  • Mar 28 2008 (same day) - my reply:
    Last time (2 months ago) you stated the same thing.

How long does a check take... rebates are typically 8-12 weeks. This one has been OVER 5 MONTHS!!

I will be keeping a close eye on this. If it takes another couple of weeks I'm going to the Better Business Bureau. This is ridiculous.
  • Mar 29 2009 - reply from WWR:
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but your reissue will be sent out soon.
  • Jul 3 2009 - still haven't received anything - my email to them:
    WHEN THE HECK AM I GOING TO GET MY DESERVED REBATE?

Am I dealing with a company that is incapable of keeping a customer satisfied?

I want a telephone number where I can reach a manager. Please supply me with a telephone # to a manager.

Thank you,
    Mr. X
  • Jul 10 2009 - email from WWR to me:
    Check was mailed on 02/20/2009.
  • Jul 10 2009 (same day) - my reply email:
    I DID NOT RECEIVE THE REBATE!!! It is now July, 4 months AFTER my initial email.

Read below:

RE: *Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX*

I received the envelope for this rebate only. The rebate portion of it is
    completely missing, thus I don't have the $30 rebate check. I don't know if
    it was sent or it got lost in the mail, but please advise as to how I may
    receive my $30 payment.

Thank you kindly,
    Mr. X

As you can see, I never received the check.

Please re-issue the check. It could not have been cashed as it was never received.

-Mr. X
  • Jul 16 2009 - WWR's email to me:
    your claim has been escalated for reissue and will be sent next week.
    Ya... I doubt that.
  • Aug 31 2009 (today) - my email to WWR:
    Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you have any idea of the history of this rebate, you will understand that you are THE WORST rebate I have EVER dealt with.
    When will a RESPONSIBLE representative come forward and take care of this situation?

I'm still waiting for my $30 rebate for a Diamond HD 2600XT 512MB that I purchased from Tigerdirect.com.

Let's get this resolved already - obviously worldwiderebates.com has dropped the ball over and over on this one. I've done nothing wrong and have been quite persistent with you.

I'd like a call back from a MANAGER: 555-555-5555

Sincerely,
    Mr. X

After looking through more stuff, I finally found a phone number!! I looked for a # months ago and didn't find one, which is why I never called them, but I figured I'd look again and finally I found one in one of their AUTOMATED approval emails:
For all customer service inquires, please call:1-800-286-9146 Mon. - Fri. 9-6 pm (EST) or send an email to: [email protected]

It was 6:08PM EST when I saw that and although I tried calling, as expected, I couldn't get through to anyone.

I will try them this week, hopefully tomorrow.

The point of my post is:
Don't let these scam artists trick you. Someone here is a scam artist - I am not certain if it's WWR, but by their methods it seems they will do whatever they can to get you annoyed and run away, and I GUARANTEE the average person would have given up by now, but I WON'T.

I don't care so much for the $30 check anymore. I care more for the possible future rebates I may have with them. I can afford a $30 loss, but if all rebates will end up this way I'll have to cut off all purchases that are affiliated with this unproffesional, irresponsible company. They may get their rebates out and their automated system keeps you up to date, but if you have a problem and go to their customer service via email, be prepared for a waste of time.

Purchased a Sapphire video card was suppose to get 20 $ dollar rebate , i did not , it was as well processed through WorldWideRebates , i got an e-mail i was approved and what not but still haven't received it , been 8 month btw o_O .Good luck.

Purchased a Sapphire video card was suppose to get 20 $ dollar rebate , i did not , it was as well processed through WorldWideRebates , i got an e-mail i was approved and what not but still haven't received it , been 8 month btw o_O .

Contact them. If you don't start with an email and you do try to really push for it later on, it's your fault for not mentioning it.

Maybe it's not worth the time for most of you, but for those of you that follow through with rebates correctly, and are prompt with them, don't let the rebate companies win - I've noticed their methods of scamming many, many times, and so far the one you see above is the only one that's still beating me, but not for long!!

Ridata/Ritek sent me an "invalid UPC" post card on 2 different emails when I first started submitting emails years ago. I fell for the first one and let it go b/c it was only $10. Then months later when I had submitted another rebate and received the "invalid UPC" postcard, I went after them and got my deserved check - I still lost out on the initial $10.

Ever since then, and hundreds of rebates, I have not let one get away.

I got an email from them today with the 800#. I was calling them anyway...
I called in and after about 15 min of hold I got through.

The lady said she was taking my information directly to the finance department herself (physically). Let's see how this turns out.

I mentioned to her how unprofessional the email was, as nicely as I could. She apologized, and I told her to just make note of it to management. I just hope she does make note of it to them. The email system is a DISGRACE!!

Because of those dumb customer reps that are lazy with emails, people will sometimes skip email and go straight to the phone, which is counter-productive for them!!

i never got my rebate from diamond for my 3870 its been a year and a half .i'll never buy another diamond anything even used not worth the hasell for 25.00 i've gotten all others i've sent in
Rich

If you've had experience with tons of rebate, you'd know that some of them require communication, well beyond just the papers you send in. It's total BS, but that's how some of them SCAM us. Really, it is a scam when they do that.

For example...
I'll receive an "invalid UPC" postcard (this has happened several times) - I'll call up to inquire, and before mentioning ANYTHING other than my information they'll automatically say something like, "I see here your rebate submission shows you had an invalid UPC. I'll just go ahead and validate it for you. You should receive your check within X days..."

It truly is hilarious.

Its not really my fault like you are saying but they are scamming us by making it a PITA , il try to give em a call . Your example is encouraging , g0dM@n = RebateWarrior :)

Its not really my fault like you are saying but they are scamming us by making it a PITA , il try to give em a call . Your example is encouraging , g0dM@n = RebateWarrior :)

Thanks. I just keep a good record. I've learned from a mistake or two.

I think worldwiderebates is scamming with rebates. I had problem with them and my asus rebate. Everything was fine with my submitted rebate paper work. They just didn't mail the rebate until I contact them.

this is why i dont ever consider a rebate in the price of an item... and i never buy an item because of the AMIR price.

Ill buy it if its a good price to begin with, and if i do get the rebate back, sweet, if not o well.

Hmm I know I had a WWR rebate within the last 4 months or less that went fine. Sorry to hear of your troubles. It sounds like they aren't actually able to find the information for your old supposed check. They'd have to verify whether it was cashed or not though and then cancel it. Also, some rebate checks have that 'cash within xx days' thing on them so I hate to say it but it's possible they might just wait for that to expire before issuing a new one.

And btw, please no bans for this :D but ALL CAPS IN AN EMAIL is not professional either :) obviously not on the same level as what happened to you, just saying.

And btw, please no bans for this :D but ALL CAPS IN AN EMAIL is not professional either :) obviously not on the same level as what happened to you, just saying.

You're right. I was rather embarrassed to even post that in this thread, but I'm no liar... I'll show you the FULL truth.

And by the way, sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. They showed me no respect, so I did the same... And... even though it was unprofessional of me to do so, they are the business. The customer is right. They should be pleasing me...

Thanks for posting your experience, I will make it a point to avoid selecting a product with a MIR serviced by Worldwiderebates.

Thanks for posting your experience, I will make it a point to avoid selecting a product with a MIR serviced by Worldwiderebates.

I've used them plenty... I still will, but I just wanted to show my experience and have you guys understand to NOT let these jerks win.

There's too many rebates out there with WWR that sometimes it's tough to not try it out. Most of the time I'm okay. I'll keep a close eye on how the rest of my WWR are, but as far as this one goes it was HELL!!

Another company that seems to work with similar procedures is 4myrebate.com - perhaps they're the replacement.

Back