• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would a Swiftech H20-220 be able to handle my cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Even with Swiftech saying that I'd still err on the side of caution and tilt the unit so it's slightly "uphill" (the top higher than the bottom) if at all possible. It doesn't been to be much, just enough to make sure the bubbles go toward the top of the rad. You don't want any pump exposed to internal air under any circumstances ...

ive owned the compact 220 well it was good for a starter...cooled well was a little of a pia installing beceause of the way the block and pump are all 1 piece, the plastic mating surfaces could separate easily when bolting the pump/block to the cpu,,,i returned the first pump/block to swiftech they sent me a new one,,,, only this time i used silicone between the plastic mating surfaces, after that was golden...
with all that said i dont have it any more, upgraded to custom loops couldnt be happier...
right now i have 2 wc/ed pcs soon to be a 3rd...
the 2 wc/ed pcs are near silent and stay sooooo cool at fairly high overclocks full load 24/7 folding...
[email protected] never sees 45c
x2-4400@2750 never sees 45c
i couldnt be happier.....

Hi everyone,

I got the H20-220 in storage, used it many years ago on my dual Xeon machine.

Can it be resurrected and be used on i5/i7 with a proper adapter?

Thanks!

Do you have the H20-220 Compact or the regular H20-220? If it's the Compact then the wb/pump won't work because AFAIK they never made a mount adapter for i7 for it. But you can use the motor/impeller with an aftermarket top, res top or on the MCR220 Drive or MCR320 Drive rads.

Thanks mud for the reply.

I have the original H20-220 kit from 2004 IIRC, it's not the Apex or anything like that.

I will make a list of the parts that I have when I get home tonight and let you know.

Thanks

Back