• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would you buy it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol, that is the intel stock cooler...or looks like it. So no. Its free the with processors. And sucks for overclocking without even mentioning the terrible push pins.

Intel buys heatsinks, they don't make the heatsinks themselves.
That company also sells them to other companies (PC manufacturers) who buy OEM chips from Intel (which don't come with heatsinks).
They also sell them retail, for no reason I can think of.

That specific heatsink is built to look like the stock Intel jobby, but it isn't. Not quite.
Note the all straight fins and metal bracket for the pushpins.
It's even worse than the stock Intel sinks :D

but yet it will set you back $12
I don't understand your point here. You get a strikingly similar one for free if you buy a retail intel processor. It does the job at stock speeds... but that is it. id rather spend double for something way better.

Not doubting its existence, but I would still say you can do better for $20.

i think thats over priced, if anything they should pay you to test them on your pc lol

I'm almost tempted to request one for review, just to show how terrible it is.
I'm really looking forward to my most recent PSU going live for that reason, got a $14.50 PSU for review :rock:

EDIT:
That second one at least has the Intel fin pattern roughly speaking. And a ducted fan, which should cool a bit more effectively at the cost of more noise when compared to the open Intel style.

You can actually pick up intel stock coolers for core2quad and i7 extremes pretty cheap (Before I started overclocking I Bought a core2Extreme heatsink off of ebay for $6 w/ free shipping). At-least they have a copper core.... Those ones look like their solid aluminum...

Back