• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WoW Players Can Soon Change Sides

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If this is just a "straight switch" with a cooldown like server transfers, this is going to suck badly.

Yeah, because a PUG can totally walk in and do "Alone in the Darkness" or any hardmodes, for example.

sure there are 'spots' of "difficulty" but more then being difficult most of the "difficult" things are simply poking out your eye and tying one hand behind your back... I hardly call that hard, I call that lazy. Lets take something players can do on a regular basis and make it hard by saying they cant use ability X or only 1 potion per fight etc etc.

Instead of being hard that makes the game totally gear driven and dependant

With the changes coming in 3.2 it will be EZ moad. It's only going to get easier and easier. Why raid when you can just do 5 manas/VoA and have just as good of gear.

Hard modes wasnt enough for my guild. If we were down a raider or something insted of calling the raid we would just do bosses the normal way. If only the fights were hard themselves.

Here is my character.

My guild kill YS 2 weeks after 3.1.
YoggSaron-1.jpg

You know, there was a popular hunter on our server that was one of the best. He was in the top horde guild and well liked by most.

One day he decided to re-roll a hunter as alliance to join the top alliance guild. After that day he became the most ganked/camped player on the server. Even his old guild would hunt him down.

I did it several times too just because he defected to alliance. Got so bad that he begged and pleaded in his old guilds vent for it to stop.

ROFL @ 'soon'

All I have to say on this matter.

I will be getting SC2 though, Blizz still has me hooked. O and diablo 3 after that.

This is dissapointing.... even non rp servers know that the other faction is the enenmy. I tried playing an alliance character on another server and it felt dirty. Horde for life!

ROFL @ 'soon'

From the wowhead forums lol.

Copyright 2004-2009 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

My guild just completed Yogg -3 keepers (One Light in the Darkness) last nigh, skipped right over -2 heh. All that's left is Mimiron hard mode, which we start tonight, and Algalon. I still play the game to raid, I do find it enjoyable. Anybody who says the games easy has not done hard modes.

But overall, I do still feel the game is just going way to casual, the recently announced changes just go even close to just handing out epics. But, I'll still play.

Have fun with Mimiron, wow...that fight is pretty difficult on 10 man. We will be doing 25's on him shortly >.<

Have fun with Mimiron, wow...that fight is pretty difficult on 10 man. We will be doing 25's on him shortly >.<

Go do it again on 10 man if you haven't since the nerf. My guilds 10 man group (not in it, can only commit to our 4 25man raids during the week) went in got it after a night. Still anticipating our 25 man group to take a week or two to get it down though.

WOW, blech, I gave up on it after I got my 4th flying mount and was working on a 5th, but that was about a year ago or near when they came in hehe.

I'm still curious from what I've heard about going back, but I won't :beer:

Was about like when I was about 2 hours from Master Light saber in SWG and they did CURB and ruined the game and everyone left it.

I just got sick of the thing then and left. Silly blue ghost form my butt, heh.

These companies ruin good games too easily, or make them outrageously tedious.

Haven't even gamed in awhile myself, got a mail from an old buddy myself and might give Aion a go when it comes out, looks to be similar to DAOC and improved with other stuff thrown in. Hopefully.

I loved DAOC back in the day. Warhammer sure as hell didn't live up to excpectations. Was still nice running amok mugging people all over, but having the servers crash every time you tried to raid it and the Devs putting on restrictions on even trying to get into one and fudging everyone then sucked. Left that 6 months ago I guess.

Raids in WOW were fun once upon a time I guess. Got me, obviously haven't done one in awhile, I doubt they've changed too much.

I still kinda miss Timberwolf Class1 all laser fights in a good ole 2 on 2 in the GC Mech ladder ages ago, talk about freaking intense or a good ole class 3.

A real fight then would really get the addrenaline going, hehe.

Sorry, was a bit bored at the moment and cruised by, being a troll I guess :)

Last edited:
bah wow is getting ridiculus easy

WoW has been easy for quite some time now. Ever since TBC, the game has gotten easier and easier. I remember doing 10 man pugs in Kaz and most of my friends telling the end game wasn't really hard. Everything in that game is gear.

From giving each other factions pallies and shaman, making leveling easier, daily quests, paid server transfers, paid account transfers, bogus recruit a friend rewards, etc.

I used to play WoW, but when my 2 months ran out i quit playing. It HAD gotten to easy!

I am still looking for a good rpg replacement :)

Back