• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WoW Players Can Soon Change Sides

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG

Blizzard sure knows how to remind players that they're playing a video game. This totally cheapens the experience, imo. Also, hard modes were poorly designed in Naxx and they still are. As previous posters have stated, doing a fight with one-hand tied isn't my definition of compelling, challenging content, as difficult as it is to pull off.

At least the new BG looks alright and at least it wasn't new Arena crap. :rolleyes:

You know, there was a popular hunter on our server that was one of the best. He was in the top horde guild and well liked by most.

One day he decided to re-roll a hunter as alliance to join the top alliance guild. After that day he became the most ganked/camped player on the server. Even his old guild would hunt him down.

I did it several times too just because he defected to alliance. Got so bad that he begged and pleaded in his old guilds vent for it to stop.

funny

I used to play WoW, but when my 2 months ran out i quit playing. It HAD gotten to easy!

I am still looking for a good rpg replacement :)

Im waiting for Aion. Yea it might look like the usually Korean grindfest but Im into that, more than ez mode questing, and the graphics are glorious.

I just want a game where hard work pays off. If I play 2x or 3x more than you do at max level then there's no way you should beat me.

Im waiting for Aion. Yea it might look like the usually Korean grindfest but Im into that, more than ez mode questing, and the graphics are glorious.

I just want a game where hard work pays off. If I play 2x or 3x more than you do at max level then there's no way you should beat me.

Ill tell ya, I miss EQ for that reason. The raids were SO much more complicated.

Have fun with Mimiron, wow...that fight is pretty difficult on 10 man. We will be doing 25's on him shortly >.<

Hard mode Mimiron down tonight. Took a night and a half to learn. Also completed my Heroic: Glory of the Ulduar Raider, and got my Ironbound Proto-Drake :D

Inc Algalon 25 on Sunday :D

kind of like vanilla wow... i miss the days when you could tell people apart by gear :( I'm glad i quit though wotlk just killed everything. and aion ftw!

I miss the days of pounding your head against a boss days and days on end. /sad

Me too. I remember spending more time learning Vashj and Kael'thas than all the time we've spend on Ulduar hard modes combined.

Man i miss the wow pve prior to the patch that came right before wotlk. Long term progression was awesome. Even karazhan was fun progressing through.

Pfft.. They were easier to learn than some of the AQ40 and Original Naxx fights..

They were not the hardest fights in the game(especially Vashj), but pre-nerf Kael was one of the biggest "get your **** together" checks the game has ever had imo. I remember how hectic it was just trying to get each phase down, and you had to execute the previous phase perfectly just to get a decent shot a practicing the next one.

After they nerfed him and and opened up Hyjal/BT without attunement he was considerably easier.

Anyways, WoW hasn't been considerably hard for some time. Here and there they introduce something really challenging like 10man Sarth, but it's nothing like vanilla wow was when guilds were spending tons of time just to kill regular bosses.

I quit as soon as patch 3.1 came out. That night was an off-night so me and a few buddies went in and casually killed the first 3 bosses in 10man(not naxx easily, but definitely easier than older instances) and I decided I wasn't going to waste my time anymore.

My guild just completed Yogg -3 keepers (One Light in the Darkness) last nigh, skipped right over -2 heh. All that's left is Mimiron hard mode, which we start tonight, and Algalon. I still play the game to raid, I do find it enjoyable. Anybody who says the games easy has not done hard modes.

But overall, I do still feel the game is just going way to casual, the recently announced changes just go even close to just handing out epics. But, I'll still play.

Sorry, but WoW is easy.

*Disclaimer: Raided up to TBC and quit. Friend still raids, and sometimes when I'm bored he'll let me raid his character after a 1 minute briefing, and I do fine.

No fight in WoW was ever "difficult". It was just hard finding a group of non-retards who can follow simple instructions, and of course, the time sink it took for gear checks.

yup
i miss the 40man raids
i even miss the hard heroics, right after BC came out
then they all got nerf'd because scrubs in their greens coudln't finish them

then LK came out and everything else got nerf'd and now everyone runs around in epics

i quit shortly after i got to 80 and never looked back

Blizzard has seriously made some bad decisions
my fiancee was telling me about patch 3.2 and i coudln't believe my ears
she's quitting too. there's just no point in raiding anymore
hard work isn't rewarded by Blizzard. they always cave in to the scrubs and just nerf everything into easy mode

getting 40 smart people was hard :)

kind of like vanilla wow... i miss the days when you could tell people apart by gear :( I'm glad i quit though wotlk just killed everything. and aion ftw!

yup
i miss the 40man raids
i even miss the hard heroics, right after BC came out
then they all got nerf'd because scrubs in their greens coudln't finish them

then LK came out and everything else got nerf'd and now everyone runs around in epics

i quit shortly after i got to 80 and never looked back

Blizzard has seriously made some bad decisions
my fiancee was telling me about patch 3.2 and i coudln't believe my ears
she's quitting too. there's just no point in raiding anymore
hard work isn't rewarded by Blizzard. they always cave in to the scrubs and just nerf everything into easy mode

I miss the 40 mans too, yes it was harder to get 40 good people and most of the wipes were caused by one or two idiots, but still was a lot more fun to me.

As for the game getting easier, well, the reduction to 25 man made it easier due to being more likely to get 25 good players. Old Naxx was A LOT harder than the new version. It took MONTHS to clear the entire thing.

Most people cleared the new naxx in under a month after release. Some of the hardcore guilds did it in just a few days after release. You didnt see anything like that pre BC...

Back