• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF!!!! 3DMark03 related.. horrible score.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DaBigJ said:

Really? Are they significantly better than the 42.30's? If they are, I may just have to give them a try.

Well, the difference is tiny but they have fixed quite a few flaws in previous drivers such as the glitchs in Unreal2 where some portions of Wireframe showed up on the characters in some scenes.

They also boosted image quality significantly as long as you dont use aggressive performance.

Aggressive performance makes you loose image quality when your card is heavily overclocked.

OC-Master

Hm... sound like I'll have to try them then... Yeah I notice when I set it to "agressive" that I get funny shadows in CS.

OC-Master said:
Also, there is no way to create those additional 32 hardware channels that Audigy2 has. By trying to bypass this, your gonna end up with 3Dmark 03 crashing due to timing out with your sound blaster Audigy1.

Audigy 1 has 64 audio channels also ;)

Well then, if Audigy has them then cool. If not then I can always run the tests on my A7N8X-DD to check out the last test.

I was pretty sure it ran them all tho, but who knows.

I would put the 9700 in the ASUS board if AMD would get their s&#t togather...no hammer for (EDIT along time) :mad:

Last edited:
Here is a link to an article at Beyond3D which describes all of the tests in 3DMark03. You can clearly see that only the first 4 tests are used to generate the final score.

The article at HardOCP says the same thing, only the first 4 game tests are used to generate the final score.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the way DirectX accelerated sound works is that each "voice" being played will use up a hardware channel in the sound card up to its maximum. Any other voices more then what the sound card can mix in hardware will be handled by software. A Audigy2 is not required to playback 60 "voices" at the same time, but any other sound card would impact system performance because it can't handle all the voices at once and must resort to the CPU to do the extra mixing.

However, with todays CPU speed, the impact is usually only a couple of fps. But seeing how demanding the benchmark program is, they probably penalize you heavily for it.

Ugh, I got barely over 2000 3d marks. :-( What really killed me is that on most of the tests after the first one, I was getting single digit frame rates, even on CPU tests. I have GOT to upgrade my hardware. This 1 gig Athlon o/c to a bit over 1.4 and SDRAM just don't cut it anymore.

Ugh, I got barely over 2000 3d marks. :-( What really killed me is that on most of the tests after the first one, I was getting single digit frame rates, even on CPU tests. I have GOT to upgrade my hardware. This 1 gig Athlon o/c to a bit over 1.4 and SDRAM just don't cut it anymore.

I doubt its your processor. I'd bet you'd score 5000 plus with NV40 in your Machine or R400 :)

OC-Master

Yeah, this test will kill any system with a non-DX9 card.

What is up with that?

You think people with actually believe a Ti4600 is a POS because it scores so low in 3dmark?

That's cool, my original nForce motherboard and onboard sound that cost a total of $90 can run the third sound test, while a $70 Audigy original cannot run it.

I don't believe AA is used in any of the tests. I'm pretty sure it's the DX9 limitation that is killing them.

Back