• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wtf Again?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

so i had this system running around november, running fine. I added a 9800pro and it ran fine..for a month then nothing would work. I rma'd the mobo and the card, got them both back.

ran the system without the video card (used a 5200pci) and it's perfectly stable, prime for 24/7, w/e

i add the 9800pro and it wont boot. I can get into the bios, but nothing ive changed has seemed to let me boot?! After work (late) i can try the 5200 pci again?

asus a7v880
mobile 2600
120 hdd
9800pro 256 or 5200pci 128
fortron 350 (my rails were perfect with the 5200, well, according to the mobo)

is it the load on my psu...i really dont want to spend more

well it happened with a known-good one (bought it from someone here)
and it also happened with this one fresh from rma

no, i cant.
The psu powered it fine for about two weeks in november, rails were tight etc (according to mobo)

i go into the bios, change the speed from 600 (default) to about 2 ghz and ill save..and it wont enter bios again.

i just got into windows at 600 mhz, what should i do now

ok it was fine for a moment, then artifacts followed the mouse, now the screen is unusable!

it's not a no name, its a fortron.

i have a feeling if i put the 5200 in it'll be fine

but i bought this 9800 for a reason

edit- system functions perfectly with my 5200 back in..

limits us to:
card
agp slot
psu
bios options im messing up..?

anything else?

Last edited:
it should be running. i have a 9800pro=>xt vmodded running on a fortron 350w psu and ive yet to have a problem with it. try the 9800 in another pc and try an agp card in that one.

omg i hate ati currently
you know what helps when u get a video card? that the HS touches the core

i didnt notice the pushpins were'nt in 100%..or even 50%

i could see myself with a mirror in between the core and hs..:(

least it doesnt seem to be harmed! d/ling drivers now

Back