• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTH happened to Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

I haven't shopped on Newegg in probably 2-3 years. Been out of the electronics scene for a while, and today I went to Newegg to shop for TV's that I am looking to buy this week.

Anyways.. it basically is like Amazon. When did they start selling stuff for other vendors?

Also half of the TV's I am looking at say "Add to cart to see the price", and even after I add them to the cart I still can't see the price. It is quite frustrating, and frankly the usability of that site has gone down BIG TIME since I last used it. If I wanted to jump through hoops just to find a freaking price of something I'd hit up a retail store.

Oh well I guess there are other online vendors. Shame though because it looks as if Newegg got too big, and no longer has that Mom and Pop shop feel.

The "add to cart to see price" is actually a manufacturer restriction. They can't publicly post the price (due to contractual agreement) if it is lower than a set price. So the only way for them to show you the lower price is if it is in the cart. nVidia does the same thing.

The "add to cart to see price" is actually a manufacturer restriction. They can't publicly post the price (due to contractual agreement) if it is lower than a set price. So the only way for them to show you the lower price is if it is in the cart. nVidia does the same thing.

Yeah I get why they are forced to do it, but when I add it to cart it still doesn't show the price lol. I've gone all the way to the payment screen where you enter your CC info, and it still doesn't give me any price.

Ok, I got it figured out now. Had to go to the next screen, and actually enter the CC info (but not submit the order).

Seems pretty annoying though. When Bestbuy has the "can't post price" stuff on their website all you have to do is add it to the cart and see the price. Didn't need to enter any payment info.

Ok, I got it figured out now. Had to go to the next screen, and actually enter the CC info (but not submit the order).

Seems pretty annoying though. When Bestbuy has the "can't post price" stuff on their website all you have to do is add it to the cart and see the price. Didn't need to enter any payment info.

Yeah, I agree it's kind of annoying. Maybe BB has slightly more pull with manufacturers and therefore isn't required to make customers go all the way through the process before posting the price.

anyone else notice today that theres no longer sorting by price range / shoprunner/ refurb/openbox ect

anyone else notice today that theres no longer sorting by price range / shoprunner/ refurb/openbox ect

Huh? Just randomly checked the wireless router page. Sort by price range is still in the "Advanced" section, and looking for refurbs/used stuff is still in the power search section. Unless you're referring to something else.

sorry i just noticed it for the receivers one day it was there and the next it wasnt.

on another note they also have some that you just have to add to the cart and you dont even have to add it just click the link it will show you the cost and then click remove from cart and it never goes in

Back