• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X4 635 OC Help - Beginner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hcgregg3

Hey guys, I have been messing around with bios settings, trying different combinations of parameters for a while just to learn a bit about over clocking. I still consider myself to be a newb and am always looking to learn more.

After following the guide located here I have not been able to get above 3.225 Ghz without increasing voltage. When I do increase voltage the gain is minimal (.02 volts per ~2 FSB). I have included screen shots of CPU-Z (taken when bios was AUTO for RAM) and have listed my system specs below. When taken off AUTO and set to manufactures spec I fared slightly worse.

Is this a normal limit for the CPU and Voltage? Is the Voltage/FSB normal? Is my cheapo Ram the culprit? Ideally I would like to make it to 3.6Ghz. Any advice to get there? Let me know if you would like more information about anything. Thanks for your time!

Specs:
MB: ASUS M4N68T-M
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz cooled w/ Hyper 212 +
Temps: 30 idle 42 max @ current OC
Memory: 2 X Rendition by Crucial 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 1333
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 DS SSC 1GB 256-bit GDDR5

cpuz.jpg

I have the AII X4 630 and can get it easily to 3.5ghz on 1.425 vcore + LLC suplement with aftermarket air cooling. I can get to 3.6 on 1.485 but I wasn't comfortable with the voltage by the time LLC added some to it. I think you're going to need more vcore and try giving the CPUNB a bump up to about 1.225.

I would also work at gettin your mermory speed as close to 667 (DDR3 1333). You can increase the FSB but lower the CPU multiplier if necessary to keep the CPU stable.

Last edited:
Back