• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 PRO VIVO => X800 XT - Which Card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KRich

Hey guys,

Really hope someone can help me please with this.

I have been looking at getting a X800 PRO VIVO with view to hopefully softmodding it into a X800 XT and have got a choice of two different X800 PRO VIVO cards to try and that is where I need some help please :) Yes, with choosing which one :)

1. Powercolor ATI Radeon X800Pro 256MB DDR3 8x AGP, DVI, VIVO (R42-PVD3)
2. Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB DDR3 AGP +DVI +VIVO Retail (21034-01-20)

Right then, both are under £225 and in fact the Powercolor is under £215 which is good because hopefully if the softmod works, it means having saved near £50 to £60 because the cheapest X800 XT is near £275+.

So, which one would be the better one to go for please? All comments and opinions welcome please

I want to go for a X800 PRO VIVO and try to softmod it because though I know the XL which is around the same price or a few £'s more is 16 pipes stock, it isn't as overclockable as the PRO VIVO and I assume here that if the softmod takes and the card OC's well, that it would be the better performer.

Out of interest as well, has anyone tested a X800 PRO VIVO/X800 PRO 12 pipes at an OC of around 575 Core and 575 Memory and pit it against a X800 PRO VIVO softmodded with albeit a slower OC of perhaps 525 Core 525 Memory? Would the 16 pipes card put out better performance even if it was clocked slower than a heavily OC'ed Pro with 12 pipes?

Your advice would be wicked guys, I'm planning on buying either card in the next day or two

Cheers!

omg :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: where the heck did you find those cards for under 280.yes i release its in pounds but still thats cheaper then 280$. anyway i would go with the x800xt

Cheers for the input buddy.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk :)

I am moving towards just getting an X800XT

So, for around the £280 mark I can get one of the following:

Powercolor X800XT VIVO
Connect 3D X800XT VIVO
Gigabyte X800XT VIVO
Sapphire X800XT VIVO
ASUS X800XT VIVO

Or

Connect 3D X850XT VIVO
Sapphire X850XT VIVO

So guys, which do you recommend? Of course overclocking is all chance but I want the one which is most likely to overclock well and offer the best performance.

I don't know if an X800XT would overclock more than an X850XT (I know at stock clocks, the X850XT is clocked higher but I am wondering if the X800XT might overclock past what an X850XT might do).

Cheers in advance for all the input, I really appreciate it.

Back