• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800xl vs x850xt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HousERaT said:
I think the idea that the X800XL runs hot is funny. With my ATI Silencer it never goes above 45° even at full load. You want hot, power hungry cards..... go look at nvidia..... ;)

Hot in terms of any other x800/x850.

hkh said:
WTF the x800XL does not suck it is the same as a 6800GT and the reviews prove that and it runs cooler then the x700pro did.

Stock for stock they run pretty close.

A 6800GT will scale much farther, and preform much better once OCed.

{PMS}fishy said:
Hot in terms of any other x800/x850.
that hasn't been my experience.... I have a X800XL under an ATI Silencer and my X800XTPE is under a Zalman...... Temps are within 5° of each other.

mysterfix said:
I've had both cards and the X850XT will slap the X800XL around like a redheaded step child on a crack benge. :eh?: $50 is well worth the upgrade and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :)
Ya so does my PRO :) This pro I have will stomp even X850XTs

HousERaT said:
that hasn't been my experience.... I have a X800XL under an ATI Silencer and my X800XTPE is under a Zalman...... Temps are within 5° of each other.

Maybe stock volts, but crank it up, and watch the XL start cooking parts.

The XT runs much cooler. Its really as simple as that.

mysterfix said:
I've had both cards and the X850XT will slap the X800XL around like a redheaded step child on a crack benge. :eh?: $50 is well worth the upgrade and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :)

LOL nice line I have seen that somewhere already!!

The X850XT is worth the extra $50 over the X800XL , VERY WORTH IT!

Mabey hot in terms of x800s but i only have 2 case fans and this thing only gets to 57 on load sometimes 59 if im running in bigger games with some aa / af.
Ill get the x850xt when it drops from 500-450 again. Thankz for advice.

About the oc again. I dont think i will oc the gpu with this psu. As long as i can get 2.4-2.5ghz on the semp ill be sound as a pound.

Sentential said:
Ya so does my PRO :) This pro I have will stomp even X850XTs

Is your Pro's core clocked faster than 700Mhz? Cuz it would take a 12pipe Pro 693Mhz core speed to match a stock X850XT core in terms of raw performance. Now it is probably true that some older games that benefit from raw core speed rather than more pipelines would show your Pro being faster, but I seriously doubt that is the case in all games. Please advise.

ps I have a X800 Pro as well as a X850XT that has been modded by VJ(672Mhzx16 core).

Back