• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x850xt pe..... ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i can open my ati tool, if you read the other thread it says that i underclocked my card and there is no beep and it's fine.. if it' at 400/400.... but if it's at the stock speed there is a beep cming from the card and it shuts down aftera while. i did use the pro clean also in my other thread and installed the 5.10 drivers without the ccc and still this is going on. i did try other games like nfs underground 2 , dod, cs:s, proevolution soccer 5 demo.

what should i do next, i think ill just call the company and have them ship me a vidoe card that f'ing works. it also might have been a reason why my other psu died :(

Games are locking up for me now. I think I am going to try older drivers (still experimenting). If that doesn't work then something needs to be in order.

It's at stock speed (540Mhz/590Mhz)and it runs cool at 40C in idle and under load it's around 46c. It simply can not be an issue with heat it has to be something else.

What's funny when I first purchased this card none of this happened. Ever since I updated drivers it's been quirky.

how do you measure you temp of the gpu ???? and which drivers did you have at first ?

newbzg said:
how do you measure you temp of the gpu ???? and which drivers did you have at first ?

When you open ATI Tool, go to settings, drop menu to "temperature monitoring" and select it. You should be able to see your temperature now in the main window.

I don't recall what exact drivers I had before, I didn't pay too much attention then. I am not a "gamer" so this is why I wasn't nitpicky about detail. It was however before the 5.10a version and it wasn't the Omega drivers I now use.

Keep in mind I don't have beeps like you and don't have any temperature warnings. It's just when I play a game like the Fear single player demo, it has locked up which I had to restart. Doesn't do it all the time, but it has happened so I am concerned.

ok i did get the tmp monitor before you actually posted ... lol but thx for such a quck reply.... i will try the older version see how that works out .... thx

my temp avrage is 47/38 C

newbzg said:
ok i did get the tmp monitor before you actually posted ... lol but thx for such a quck reply.... i will try the older version see how that works out .... thx

my temp avrage is 47/38 C

Only 47 under load while game playing? (have two monitors running with monitor on secondary)

while i was playing it was 60/50 i installed the eariler drivers, and made the fans go 100% there was still a beep but only one and it was ok after that my frames per second sucked though 20-40 anyways i think it's too much and it might be the fan or something like that on the video card that it is not working, beacuse i dont have to like put my fans up on 100 % ya know..... so i ll call new egg and have them ship me a new card.

and we'll see what happnes after that.

newbzg said:
does anyone has any other suggestions ... ?

I don't have a heating issue at all. It's nice and cool especially with a large case with 2 120mm fans. Ambient temperature in this room is 75 degrees.
If you tried the drivers and installed them correctly and you are still having problems maybe you should call Newegg.

Let us know how it turns out. I am still experimenting over here, but it seems it could be a driver issue with me. If it turns out to be something else, I will post immediately.

p.s. (quick tip) can you try to ease up on the "rush" grammar. You need to include a period in there once in a while. :cool:

Sorry about the grammar. I just wanted not to waste any time and get that thing fixed right away.

This is funny beacuse my FPS is above 200 and after the proram runs for about 5 seconds my computer crashes. I will call newegg and tell them what is going on.

cirsair two 512mb sticks, i dnt know if they fried beacuse of the vid card.... how would i check if the ram is fried ?

Fortunately my problem seemed to be a conflict between old and new drivers. I clean everything out and works like a charm. :cool:

However, I am still concerned about your problem and would like to know an update on this. Just curious to see how it all turns out.

Back