• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xbox 360 and dell 2001fp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you have the I/O face plate for your Audigy then there is a chance you can get 5.1 if the version of the 360 you get has digital out (optical or coax). I'm guessing the audigy can decode DD 5.1 when it comes in via the digtal input (optical or coax). Or you can get a new sound card that can do this.

As far as the video, I thought VGA (15-pin) and component were basically the same (analog), but VGA actually has 5 components instead of 3 with component making it better (I think). DVI-I actually has an analog part and a digital part. The analog being the same as VGA and the digital being the only digital video available besides HDMI which isn't available on PCs. I'm guessing the 360 will have component. If it has DVI use that. Otherwise DVI for PC, and component for 360.

Back