• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XBOX2 And PS3 .............. Same processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
deathman20 said:
Yes PS2 was extreamly limited by the 32MB of memory that it had to share. Developers complained about it, and thats one of the main reasons why the PS2 was hard to code for, the lack of memory on the console.
Sony should have fixed their memory problem with the ps2, slim ps2. Or allow for ram expension.
Thanks

does ne1 know ne thing about the new nintendo console coming out? I say this cause im a die hard zelda fan

You can't really "fix" something like a lack of ram. When the n64 did just that, it worked pretty well, but honestly, it was still a big joke. I haven't heard of anything like that from sony, and they can't fix it by just making new ps2 hardware. People aren't going to buy a new console because you say they have to do so to get something they already paid for.

shure: IBM chip has already been confirmed, and I would bet a deal with ATi. This would be the third time Nintendo has dealed with Dave Orton (now the president of ATi, formally head of ArtX, and before that worked for SGI)

koss20100 said:
no way consoles are going to have better hardware than pcs ..

btw if some would could dev. a os jus for gaming tht would solve alot of pc gaming prob I dont knoe why no one is doing such i mean you could market big out of it!

they could have better ahrdware because they are made to do 1 specific task over and over, unlike windows, they can make the CPU spcific for gaming, the ram, and the video card.

Why do you think when the PS2 came out no emulators were successful for th first few years - that is because the CPU power required by a PC would of needed to be about 2ghz + to run equal to the processor in the Ps2... i would say that is more powerful.

koss20100 said:
no way consoles are going to have better hardware than pcs ..

btw if some would could dev. a os jus for gaming tht would solve alot of pc gaming prob I dont knoe why no one is doing such i mean you could market big out of it!

Dude!!!!! You want to compare an embedded system to a computer?

Define your "better" anyway?

Also There is ALREADY AN OS that let you game like PS2. Its called WinXPs2-Emu.

LOL
:eek:

Back