• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xfering Hard drives to a new computer with a new MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Benihana

Registered
Boston, and YES i do not say my "aaarrrhhh"s
Hey guys I was wondering will I come upon any problems when I am bringing my HD down to Dallas to use with my Brother's computer. They are both AMD 890FX mobos, and both ASUS brands. I will also be bringing down my 1090t to put into his mobo. So will I have a problem with the Win7 64bit, I will be using it for a couple of days? Thanks guys.

Should be okay. It's one of those things that you'll never know what might go wrong until you try it. But both being on the same chipset/CPU, I think the odds are in your favor.

Thanks buddy. I am going to QuakeCon and I need to bring a rig cause I got the BYOC pass, and I do not have a box/styrofoam case for my HAF-X. So now I am trying to get a rig on the cheap down there. My brother has a 890FX, with dual 6850s and a CM HAF-912 with a PSU, so all I need to bring down is a HD with OS, RAM and chipset. That was going to be my biggest worry and problem, but I will just bring down my Win7 disk just in case.

Make sure to disconnect everything on first boot, especially any additional hard drives.

After first boot, only then connect everything else.

As a general rule add anything requiring drivers after the first boot.

I would definitely only connect the boot hard drive initially and add extra hard drives after first boot.

Back