• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMP (AMP) on x570 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

So, this is not as easy as I thought. I don't see any XMP on the AI Tweaker on my Asus x570 Prime-Pro mobo. My 3200Mhz LPX Vengeance runs at 2100mhz (1066 in cpu-z, which shows the XMP profile for 3200mhz as an option).

After a while, I did put in the numbers manually, I am now running at 16-18-18-38 3200mhz (cpu-z shows half that, that's normal right?), but really, who is to know if that is correct? I just found these numbers on the web somewhere, and in fact that article wanted me to change ALL the numbers from auto, I only changed the main 5 tho.

Is there a way to run the advertised exact numbers through XMP, or a place where I can see the best numbers for x570 for 3200mhz cl16 ram?

Thanx.

It's double data rate so that "half" is actually considered the "effective" memory speed, times two obviously making 3200mhz. (It is correct)

When it comes to memory, nobody can tell you what the IMC, (integrated memory controller) can handle. You have to tweak and test your settings accordingly.

So anyhow, go to CPU-Z and select SPD tab. That will show you XMP settings. You can also view these in the bios or at the Corsair site.

So, this is not as easy as I thought. I don't see any XMP on the AI Tweaker on my Asus x570 Prime-Pro mobo. My 3200Mhz LPX Vengeance runs at 2100mhz (1066 in cpu-z, which shows the XMP profile for 3200mhz as an option).

After a while, I did put in the numbers manually, I am now running at 16-18-18-38 3200mhz (cpu-z shows half that, that's normal right?), but really, who is to know if that is correct? I just found these numbers on the web somewhere, and in fact that article wanted me to change ALL the numbers from auto, I only changed the main 5 tho.

Is there a way to run the advertised exact numbers through XMP, or a place where I can see the best numbers for x570 for 3200mhz cl16 ram?

Thanx.

If you select the AI overclock tuner there should be a drop down then select DOCP standard

Thanx, I'll try that. I think I'm underclocking it now as I have it at 16-18-18-18-38 but I think it's good for 36 on the last number. Also, if I have to do these numbers manually, I should do them all manually (I saw a video of this Russian guy who created a timings calculator).

I just thought that the XMP values for the ram would be automatic, and they are for Intel, I'll check the DOCP thing and see what that is.

Before I go and do that, should I put everything back on AUTO, the timings I changed already I mean, then go and find DOCP?

It wouldn't hurt, since BIOS can be weird with timings. But I don't think it's necessary. Actually if you already manually entered the desired settings, I don't think enabling the profile is necessary at all.

Zerileous, I know, but I don't even know if I put the timings in correctly. Surely I put the 16-18-18-38 correctly (like I said, the last should be 36), but then in bios it says my timing is set to 75, but I know from the ram and even in cpu-z it says the ram should be at 60. I don't know what that number is but I know it's a 20% difference. So if I can use the automatic overclock and the mobo will set the ram to exactly what the factory spec says, I will be much happier.

One last question, if ram crashes due to too high overclock, can you still get into bios? I mean lets say I put the MHz to 4000 and timings to 14, obviously can't boot, but will the PC go into bios with that?

Does your motherboard have a "Try Me" option in the memory frequency section? If so, you might want to experiment with that as it will give some additional timing options at various frequencies. My MSI B450i motherboard has that feature and it's really handy for finding something that works with different RAM makes and timing configurations.

Back