• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMP Profile settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmr235

Greetings all. New overclocker and am trying to set the xmp profile for my memory. Im using an msi z97 motherboard. When I got to the overclocking profiles and try to load profile 1 or 2 It tells me profile not found. My uefi is v 1.6

Which specific MSI board?
What sticks of ram do you have? Link them so we know the exact model.
Is that the latest version of the BIOS? If not you may want to upgrade it.

Which specific MSI board?
What sticks of ram do you have? Link them so we know the exact model.
Is that the latest version of the BIOS? If not you may want to upgrade it.
Im using the MSI Z 97 Gaming 7 Motherboard and the G Skill trident 2666mhz Dim Sticks. Im also running the latest Bios which is v1.6

Are you certain you are setting xmp profiles and no in overclocking and loading profiles you didn't create? How about a bios screenshot of where you are changing the setting. :)

Why not just set the XMP spec manually?

Also, why is this in the Intel CPU section? :p

Its in this section cause Im new here and thought it was taking me to an intel platform forum not the actual catagory. Sorry but thanx about setting it manually.

Thanx for the responses

I probably should clear up why Im asking the question. Since Im completely new to build I did a lot of research and of course i ran across the XMP settings for OCable or higher rated Ram sticks. I kept seeing set to XMP profie 1. That option does not come up in the OC section of bios. I did however see it in the profiles section but, seems to me I have to save a profile first. Sorry didnt know how to do a screenshot of the bios. When I enable XMP mode right below it, I see DDR3 2666mhz 12 13 13 35 1.650v. Which is what my ram is rated at. I have my cpu Ocd i7 4790k to 4.7 @ 1.25 v. I saved this in profile 1. Is this all that I had to do? Sometimes things are so simple you think you missed something. IMG_2193.JPG

I seem to have been trying to load profiles I didnt create

- - - Updated - - -

Are you certain you are setting xmp profiles and no in overclocking and loading profiles you didn't create? How about a bios screenshot of where you are changing the setting. :)

I seem to have been trying to load profiles I didnt create

All you need to do is enable xmp, f10 to save and reboot. It will hold without having to create a profile. ;)

This board should read XMP without problems. Like EarthDog said, enable XMP and save settings and that's all.

Back