• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XMS 3200.... WTF this SUCKS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
your waranty on that XMS is valid up to 2.8V just so you know... My point with my last post is that there is little difference in proformance between 1T and 2T that you wouldn't sutpass with an extras few MHZ... good decision

Brian

OK. Here is what IMO makes NO SENSE about this ram. Right now i have it at 9x200FSB with 2-2-2-2 timings. the same timings i had when running at 190FSB. Now look at the scores... they are less!

shouldnt i be getting over 3k with these timings at this speed?

EDIT: About the warrenty how are they supposed to know that i am running at 2.85 and not 2.8? my motherboard does not even support 2.8

i might have found the "Sweet spot" for this ram at 2-2-2-2 which is at 195mhz.

I dont wanna post another pic but my mem scores are 2923/2702 which is not all that bad IMO.

it still makes NO sense why i get lower scores at 200fsb than i do at 190 tho

it should be faster... Sisoft is a synthetic benchmark and quite a few of our members have commented on it's lack of accuracy...

You might want to try a Different bench util.

Brian

Emericana said:
i might have found the "Sweet spot" for this ram at 2-2-2-2 which is at 195mhz.

I dont wanna post another pic but my mem scores are 2923/2702 which is not all that bad IMO.

it still makes NO sense why i get lower scores at 200fsb than i do at 190 tho
This could be a limitation of the KT333 chipset too, just something to consider.

well i got up to 219FSB today.... and then my hardrive got currupted and i needed to format my hardrive and reinstall windows xp.... thank GOD for my partitions or else all of my 30gigs of movies, all my save games, and 20gigs of mp3s would have been lost!

btw it was not the ram that crapped out on me... i ran mem tester and the ram passed.

Back