• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Product Key Confusion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Neoplasia said:
How so? It's just showing you something you already have.
Once you start talking about that, then someone wants to find a way to create a reg key, and the whole thing goes straight into the crapper. I find it best to stay clear.

Free speach doesn't apply here though, this is a private setting and the rules set by the owners/operators supersede those of free speach. That means that if they say "don't talk about cars" that means don't talk about cars, regardless of free speach. So if they tell us to drop it and not talk about this or anything like it that's fine, but I just wanted to have an understanding of what is really allowed and what isn't. I just don't want to see things be too controled, it just ends up hurting more than it does good.

repo man11 said:

Once you start talking about that, then someone wants to find a way to create a reg key, and the whole thing goes straight into the crapper. I find it best to stay clear.
So by that logic a topic about cars leads to someone wanting to find out how to break into theirs which then goes straight down the crapper. I understand your argument, but discussing something legit that can "lead to something wrong" doesn't make that wrong and certainly shouldn't be forbidden. If that's the case 90% of discussions shouldn't be held.

Technically, Freedom of speech protects us all. I know, my mom and stepdad are attorneys and they could get you out of any legal hassle (except MS, cause they have a million dollar retainer for their attorneys). Anyways, I think you are right Neoplasia, the owner/operator of this forum says don't talk about it. Its not necessarily that he will get into trouble, its that you never know who is reading these forums. You never know if someone MS spy is trying to tell Billy Gates. I like freebies as much as the next guy, but I won't talk about them here. That being said, I think there is way too much paranoia these days, mainly because of frivolous lawsuits. Remember the McDonalds lady who spilled hot coffee in her lap? Everyone is afraid that their actions are going to get them into a lawsuit. Anyways, I'm rambling, I think I came close to the line. All I know is, the operator/owner of the site says don't talk about cracks, warez, hacks (software), or anything illegal because he is protecting himself and us from a lawsuit and being shut down. I may have just repeated what yall said, but I felt like saying it in my words, sorry.

Back