• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp sp3 and firefox 44.0.2 making me crazy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

groovejet

Im sick to the back teeth with firefox. I dont know if its related to issues with running XP but with looking at alot of other threads on this it seems to be widespread.

When i watch any video on youtube etc the cpu max's out 100%
Tried starting in safe mode with add ons disabled but still no good
Tried in task man. to look what is high I/O write bytes and end processes but nothing. WTF!!!

Audio is stuttering most of the time, but today noticed that if i scroll down to read comments that the audio was fine....as if the cpu only struggle when watching the video itself.

Also tried removing hardware accelaration with no change ....please help im sick of waisting time and effort

Im sick to the back teeth with firefox. I dont know if its related to issues with running XP but with looking at alot of other threads on this it seems to be widespread.

When i watch any video on youtube etc the cpu max's out 100%
Tried starting in safe mode with add ons disabled but still no good
Tried in task man. to look what is high I/O write bytes and end processes but nothing. WTF!!!

Audio is stuttering most of the time, but today noticed that if i scroll down to read comments that the audio was fine....as if the cpu only struggle when watching the video itself.

Also tried removing hardware accelaration with no change ....please help im sick of waisting time and effort

Don't remove hardware acceleration, that will just make the CPU work more!

Didn't Youtube change to HTML5 ? no acceleration involved there as far as i know :confused: try changing to Chrome or Opera (i vouch for Opera, works 100% stable so far with addons and feels faster with page loading/render).

Try to replicate the problem in other browsers and then other versions of Firefox in Safe Mode.

Back