• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XPS 13 2-in-1 Android emulator vs Android, or Chrome dual boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robmoo

I bought a Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 with the intention of replacing my Android tablet and laptop. I tried Bluestacks, but it uses a lot of battery power and resource to run Dragonvale, an Android game that my wife, daughter and I play. Would the Android apps use fewers resource, battery, and be more smooth running in either an Android or Chrome OS dual boot? What are the advantages or disadvantages of either? This will be my first foray into creating a dual boot.

Any help would be much appreciated!

IMO. It's best to keep devices separate. As android and chromebooks are relatively cheap, it's not an expensive decision. The hard part is simply getting all new devices configured from coldboot. 2n1 devices sound convenient ONLY if you are running 2 screens at the same time with both OS's booted, which then imo negates the convenience advertised. Emulators imo are all junk unless you are actively developing. By separating OS's and devices you can optimize cpu/bat use and keep the bloat to a bare minimum.
Ideally you want a rootable device so that any bloat can be formally deleted. With droid I have noticed the aps that can't be uninstalled also like to run at boot which imo is retarded. Plus the newer versions of droid give you the feeling of choice but in reality have taken it completely away (why root). Windows 10 should definitely be on it's own, imo. Never used a chromebook (never will either) but to me it's basically a google version of a macbook, just a lot cheaper.
My 2 cents

Last edited:
Back