• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XSPC X20 Delta V2 CPU Block and WC Phenom 9850....Temps..???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaz_girl

Registered
Hi Guys..I have a Phenom 9850BE details can be seen in sig... but esentially I am running 24/7 at the moment at 2.9Ghz and 1.475v..

I had a Thermaltake Big Water 745 watercooling kit initially however when the pump failed I modded up a custom WC kit comprising:

2 x XSPC RS240 raidators
XSPC Dual Bay reserovir and Pump combo
4 x Theramaltake A2018 Smart-eye 1300-2800RPM 93CFM Max Fans on the first radiator in a push/pull configuration
2 x Thermaltake A2018 fans on the 2nd radiator in a push config...
1 x Thermalatake Big Water 745 CPU Waterblock

All fans running at approx 2000RPM at present...

In Everest Ultimate I have idle temps of 35C (CPU), 36C (Cores#1~#4), and load temps never exceed 43C for the Cores and 40C for the CPU overall....all cores fully loaded using Everest Stability Test..

tempspic.jpg

temppic2.jpg

The above was only a 15min test, to get an idea, but you can see in the graph that the temp levelled out at a maximum of 40C for the CPU... I left out the individual Cores on the graph as it was confusing with them being so close together...!!!

Ambient temps are approx. 19-25C depending on time of day...

Mid-day it can get up to about 25C, nights its lower down at about 20C...

The fans on the radiators are all able to be controlled via a Zalman fan controller... with front radiator fan speed range 1300-2800RPM and rear radiator fan speed range of 1200rpm to 2000rpm..

I currently run all at 2000rpm which is a reasonable balance between rpm and dB's...!!

Anyway I felt that I wanted to improve the CPU WB, and so have decided to get an XSPC X20 Delta V2 CPU waterblock.... I wanted to get something better like the Swiftech GTX or the EK Supreme, but these have too high a restriction for my pump, so I opted to get the lower restriction X20 Delta instead....

I guess what I'm asking is what sort of temps shoud I expect to be getting on this kind of setup.....given the higher heat output from a 1.4v Vcore and the 2.9Ghz OC...??????

EDIT: PS:A slideshow of the external watercooling setup I rigged up can be seen at this link: http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/Kazphill/?action=view&current=1f046259.flv

TIA

Back