• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yay!! Sucessful flash :) :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hi there guys! I just sucessfully flashed the BIOS on my BFG GeForceFX 5900 XT OC to a BFG 5950 Ultra :) Couldn't be happier! I found the reason that I couldn't sucessfully flash and o/c it before was because the molex connecter going to the card was starting to crap out (loose wire) As a result, the card would hit a wall at about 475/750.... now that I've replaced that connecter with a new one and re-thought out the power wiring in my computer, the card is now running at 485/950 :) But I have to back it down a bit for gaming to 475/925 to prevent artifacts after about 4-5 hours. I have a Zalman ZM80D-HP on the card... its awesome :) Also, I finally broke the 6000 mark in 3D Mark03 :) I was getting about 57-5800 with the XT and now I'm scoring consistly about 6100 :) I'm just really happy- can't wait till my H2o stuff comes in! :)

1 quick question though- In my nVidia Display properties, its showing that the card is now running at AGP 4x and it says that the GPU only supports 4X.. the card was running at 8X before I flashed it.... Is that just reporting incorectly or does the nv38 core just support 4X?

Last edited:
Some people report that after a flash it will be at 4x agp.... There isn't a significant difference in performance from 4x-8x, but there is a difference. NV38's support agp8x, it is probably just a whack bios. I think You might be able to get more out of the core of the card... Nice job by the way.

Last edited:
I am able to get 500+ Core and 1gig on memory stable w/out arty's. You should be able to get more out of that card :)

Back