• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yes another q6600 thread :( sorry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caillech

Registered
I've recently been learning more about my q6600 trying to see how far i can push it. I also should include that I'm very new to overclocking. Using other peoples numbers and tests i got stable 3.73ghz which i am very happy with but i just wanted to see just for fun if i could get 3.8... well i kept getting a blue screen and stuff just didnt work so i put it back down to my previous setting which did the same thing. now for some reason im having troubles just getting it past 3.2 without something going wrong. am i just pulling a retard rookie move here? I'm just looking for a stable 3.7! i should have settled for that when i got it :( thanks for the help and sorry for posting another q6600 thread!

Clear CMOS and start over again. This has helped me a lot of time with other configurations. So long as you didn't apply crazy voltage or have very high temps (1.6v, 80C are prolly a bit crazy) your chip should be fine.

Back