• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yesss!!! I just got my 939 3000+ in the mail.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Regardless of how high the current memory modules can be clocked, from sub-200 MHz to 250+ MHz, you should be able to find out how high the CPU can do, its overclocking potential. 2500, 2600, 2700, ...?

Have you tried that?

No I have not. Really I was having troubles installing Windowz. It kept corrupting but I found the problem to be that my dimm voltage was not high enough and thats what kept causing the crashing.

However, I now have it on my system and am ready to overclock. I have the stock heatsink on so I am not too sure how high she will go at this time. I will slowly bump her up now and see what I get too.

Stay tuned.

OK Some results so far.

I have not changed the voltage on the cpu. My memory started crapping out at 208 with 2225 1T and didnt get much further than that when I relaxed the timings.

I am at 2429 MHz without changing the voltage. Prime stable for almost an hour. Memory set to 2:3 ratio HT set to 3x (Was at 4 but I am trying to see what the cpu can do.) Have screenie but need someone to post it for me.

Temp at idle is 27C cpu 24C system and at load is 35C after close to an hour prime. All this on stock heatsink and AS3. Looks like I have a good one this time!!!

Ill try for 2.5 right now without changing the voltage.

2.5GHz isnt bad but you might want some tccd itll give you nearly 200MHz equivalent boost as shown here in my 3dmark experments. running async eats performance :(

New score at "only" 2.4GHz 1:1 T1

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8366771

My score at 2.57GHz "166" divider T1

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8366489

screenshot:

266x94fh.png

170MHz higher cpu clocks and the only real difference is a few fps in car high, everything else is vitrually equal. This is with a 33MHz loss of ram MHz by using 166 divider. I dont care if you guys think theres no performance hit running async, keep saying that to justify not buying tccd, I used to say the same, I used to praise corsair value saying it was all you needed. In a way its still ok stuff for single channel as ive hit 240-250fsb with it 1:1 but it sucks in dual channel.

Well I did it. I have got her to 2.7!!! This rocks for being on stock cooling. I cant wait till I get a Waterblock for it. I have a screen if someone can post it for me.

EclipseJP said:
Well I did it. I have got her to 2.7!!! This rocks for being on stock cooling. I cant wait till I get a Waterblock for it. I have a screen if someone can post it for me.

Congrats.

At what voltage and how stable it is?

Are you using one of these settings with the BH-5, probably the 2:3 ratio without Vmod or booster, would like to confirm?

hitechjb1 said:
CPU 2700 MHz
HTT = 300 MHz
CPU_multiplier = 9
max memclock = 133 MHz (aka 2:3 ratio) <---- set this in bios
memory_bus_frequency = 2700 / 14 = 193 MHz
or
max memclock = 166 MHz (aka 5:6 ratio) <---- set this in bios
memory_bus_frequency = 2700 / 11 = 245 MHz

I am using the 2:3 ratio. As far as stable I ran Prime 95 for a few minutes. I didnt like the fact that my 12 v was showing 10.75 on MBM so I stopped the madness. I was at 1.6 volts CPU. I have screen. Can I email it to someone and have them post it up for me? It will explain everything there.

Most likely you are using this setting for BH-5 without Vmod.

CPU 2700 MHz
HTT = 300 MHz
CPU_multiplier = 9
max memclock = 133 MHz (aka 2:3 ratio) <---- set this in bios
memory_bus_frequency = 2700 / 14 = 193 MHz

Have you attempted to step up HTT to 301, 302, 303, ... to push CPU further beyond 2700 MHz as BH-5 at 193 still has some more way to go before maxing out.

CPU_frequency = HTT * 9

Every MHz of HTT higher will increase CPU by 9 MHz, .... Memory is not the limiting factor at this setting.

You may keep VDD (Vcore) at 1.6 V, even just booting up windows to get a feeling how much more the CPU can go and potentially what it can achieve with water block.

I am using the Enermax 465. I dont know if its true or not or if motherboard monitor is giving false readings. I can not find my meter so I can not measure actual voltage.

Like I said before I really dont want to push it if it does have that voltage. I will be ordering a new psu asap. For now I will just keep it stock.

Back