• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another budget build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eust

Registered
Hey people,

so i finally got around getting a new pc, in my pc history both pc that i ever owned were not actually built by me since i more or less got them as a gift i never had the chance at making my own.

So i live in a country where prices are higher and income is lower so my real budget is 1400$ but unfortunately i have to ask you nicely if you have the time to give me tips for the price points of 1000$ to compensate for the price difference.
I am looking for a gaming pc, no peripherals or OS, i got that covered.

So as for the build i was really trying hard to squeeze a 4690k with something like a 280x but unfortunately i always ended up without an SSD , even though i could salvage my "old" ocz agility 3 for the OS and game on a HDD i would really like to have something never and more reliable since this ssd is already 3-4 y old. I also have a CX 600 in my old pc that i got 2 years ago since my stock 400w PSU died with my 3850. But since i got a HD5830 and only an stock 400w PSU as reserve i would not like to use that in the old PC just to save some money with the new one by using the CX600.

So this is my story, do you people have any ideas? (I could go over budget since the budget is restricted by me and no one else, but i would really not want to spend more that what i mentioned if you got ideas for 50-100$ more i could compensate and get it if you people think its worth it).

Thanks you for reading this far if you did :D

A little over, but pretty tight OMO, no case, just get one you like with decent airflow

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Don't really see any places to cut other than if you already have a big spinner try to re-use

you could save 10 or 15 bucks on the kit, but for the money they are ridiculous

PS is a bit over sized, but for the price and warranty it would be difficult to do better.

Board is a solid choice, however if any extra money comes your way I would opt for the Gigabyte Overclock Force for the additional $ 33.00 bucks

Good luck

Thanks you people for your time, i will take it all into consideration, and get back to you in a few weeks with pictures :D

Eust- what exact country are you in? Where will you be ordering parts? Pretty much every country/region (like Euro region) has online stores with price lists. If you link us to one we can pick the parts from there and you will get a more exact price for your build. Also, not all parts are available in all countries. There isn't much sense suggesting a specific motherboard to you, for instance, if it is unavailable to you for purchase...

Dear Theocnoob,

most parts that the nice guys above posted are available, except for the PSU that was mentioned but that is easily replaced by something else.

I live in croatia, and the price difference for instance is this GTX 970 on pcpartpicker is set as 350$ while the cheapest i can get it in croatia is for 470$. Sadly the difference is "huge" for my taste, but the info i got will most likely be enough to put something together :).

If you really would like to help me out i would be happy.

http://www.protis.hr/ This is one of the most trusted webstores here and one of the most popular ones, prices are usually close to what others offer.

The prices are in HRK (Croatian kuna). My budget would be around 8500 HRK which is around 1400 $.

Back