• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Favourite Fan!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
overall, I am surprised so few people talked about the GentleTyphoon 5400 RPM..
I raised this thread half expecting like 10 people gonna give that name. :)
hehehehe

but the GT 5400 is too noisey at 7V for me..

uk.hardware.info has all these fans tested against their marketing data, I call that a must visit before buying fans. :)

Yate Loon D12SH-12 fans are my favorite. Not the knockoffs like on FrozenCpu but the genuine article available at petratech. Cheap and very good!

Ultra Kraze 3000's are my favorite 38mm.

I have used like 6 of them on my benchstation when I did not have DICE and I wanted to bench! :comp:

The higher end Gentle Typhoons can be PWM modded to fix some of the noise issue. There was an article on the front page a while ago.

The higher end Gentle Typhoons can be PWM modded to fix some of the noise issue. There was an article on the front page a while ago.

whoa.. I am sooo digging that post up.
thanks for the tip !!

I have a pair of 109R1212H1011's. As was said, too much motor noise when undervolted. I prefer my 9G1212H101's.

But my favorite fan is the 9S1212P4M011. I was able to get 8 of them. They're perfect for CPU heatsinks. A fine match for GT AP-15's, but PWM. I have some 9S1212L401's, and they're great, but not PWM. But they did cool my 4GHz overclocked i7 860 to 55.5c at only 19.5dBA, no small feat -- check out the link in my sig. I put one in my daughter's quiet rig. You never hear it.

For GT's, best is AP-14 for all-around use, but I use an AP-12 (800rpm) on the front of my case. I use my spare AP-14's around my case at 5v to get 750 rpm.

Best performing fan: TY-140. Excellent, probably my best, but I'm not in love with it and I don't know why.

And for fun, the 14cm Shark at 5v or 7v pushes a mild amount of air, quietly, with pretty blue LED's.

You want to convert your highspeed GT's to PWM? Look here.

Last edited:
Back