• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your jobs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Right now I'm 2nd Shift Supervisor for a plastic injection molding plant. We make medical parts for another company that are used for gastro-intestinal surgery mostly.
The job that got me into injection molding was at a company that I'm sure just about everybody has heard of...Technicolor. I worked there for 3 years as a Team Coach (i.e. middle management supervisor) making all those DVD's that we all go out and buy. We also had a near exclusive contract for making Xbox games as well. It was easily the best job I've ever had, if everything was running great, you could walk around the production floor and find a movie someone was making that you wanted to watch and throw it in a player :D :thup:
Now I just run around all night fixing endless problems because the company is too cheap to maintain their machines and molds, or even to train their operators properly <sigh>

im at college doing a cisco HP IT essentials level 1 :) . doing the level 2 next year if i pass then onto a ccna . i dont know what job i want but with them qualifications im guessing ill end up with something better than mcdonalds :)
i make £30 a week cuz of something called EMA . that money is paid by the government for people to get to colelge and get food etc. its bought me a few pc bits so far tho :clap:

college site http://www.sitec.org

I work for ATS-Chester Engineers We are one of the oldest engineering firms in the US. ...since 1910. I am an engineering technichian for them. That means I do all the work for the big boys that get all the credit. I make alot of environmental reports and permits. Also alot of design and CAD work. I just started in March, and I am lovin' it. I went to college for land surveying. After I got out, I worked 3 or 4 surveying jobs which evolved into what I am doing now. :burn:

I'm a SFC (Sargent First Class) in the IAF, I work 5 days a week and I pull around 12-14 hours a day and I get paid around 1000$/month after taxes no matter how many hours I work.
I finish my contract with the devil on May 30 and then I'm a free man!
I'm looking to get into the local university and get a degree in Economy & Accounting or Buissness Managment.

On-air Promotions Supervisior at a PBS member stations. Started in the engineering department handling an AVID playback server for broadcast. Now I'm work in the communication department and schedule what needs to broadcast. I'm the only employee in my department of printer editors, webmaster, graphic designers and producers who doesn't have a college education. I wish I did! just reach my 10th year.

Shell, I would certainly hope that you were sitting up straight and not looking at the keys when you typed that. LOL

I'm a police officer and I work about 50-60 hours/week. Around $50-60k per year.

dishwasher at a local resturaunt... I also host and cook on occasion...

good benefits like frequent snacking out of whatever is in the fryer and I get to eat all the mistake orders and I get to be the cooks gineupig...

Jr. In high school, mows lawns and does yard care, about $250 a month.

I am just chillin all the time when i am not at work

I work at Sam's Club, and i am da l337 man there, ok maybe not, but i am a cashier/ floor guy, and its pretty awsome, right now i make 8.40, and that is damn good for utah, and at my age, besides i work with awsome ppl, not to mention my GF, hehe

I am an Executive (read salaried supervisor) with a Major retailer in the logistics / distribution field. I have a BBA of accounting. As far as salary, let's just say I make more than $40k a year (not a close estimate but no need to give it all away).

If you have a college degree (any 4 year degree will do) and are looking for a job please PM me. We are always hiring all over the country!

hibner said:
I work for ATS-Chester Engineers We are one of the oldest engineering firms in the US. ...since 1910. I am an engineering technichian for them. That means I do all the work for the big boys that get all the credit. I make alot of environmental reports and permits. Also alot of design and CAD work. I just started in March, and I am lovin' it. I went to college for land surveying. After I got out, I worked 3 or 4 surveying jobs which evolved into what I am doing now. :burn:

hey where did you go to college for land surveying right now i work as a (computer tech/party chief/what ever my boss wants) for a land surveying/engineering company and i was thinking about getting my surveyer license

I'm a Security Administrator for a warehouse of a major computer company. I also manage the remote monitoring systems that monitor the security systems of the company's offices around the country. I also have a background in software design and networking. I like what I do, but I wish it paid more. I make about $14/hr.

I work for Shopko stores in electronics. Been there for 4 months, and about ready to quit. All was good until the good manager left, now I have a dip**** and anyways I have another job for the summer. Anyone can come visit me at my job this summer, I'll be working at Skyride at Cedar Point in Ohio. If you come visit me, bring a laptop, I'll be computer-deprived all summer (well, actually I don't have my own computer that is functional right now. Its all in the classifieds waiting for a buyer.)

I've been off and on as a Manufacturing Technologist at a local semiconductor corporation. They started hiring throuhg a temp service so they can basically fire me and bring me back at will. I worked for two months last summer, then was hired back before thanksgiving last year, but only worked for 3 months before I was let go again. I was told they would be hiring again this summer, and obviously, having experience, I'd be one of the first they'd call before hiring more new people. I only need 1 more month before I'm elegible to be hired.

Until then, I've been applying at every place I can think of but nobody's really hiring here...a computer repair shop will be testing me (hardware/software) next week though. I'm hoping that will hold me off for a few months so I can go back to school.

No job currently, will probably do lifeguarding in the summer, and will be applying for my contractors license later this year. Takes forever to study for that thing though.

Back