• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

z170 Extreme6 + Intel 750 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myndlessdayz

I've decided to post this as more of informative rather than hope to have my question answered but I've gotten a z170 extreme6 a few months back (and since then have had a few RMA replacements due to other problems) and noticed that anything above the ver 1.20 bios will not see the NVMe SSD in pcie6 slot if he other pcie slots are populated, mine having 2 980 Ti's. It won't even show as being in use in the uefi system browser although any thing else will appear (I've only had a pcie wireless card to test). This has happened on 3 different extreme6 boards all not liking the NVMe drive above the 1.20 bios including latest 1.70. I've yet to try the beta 1.73 bios (think it's 1.73) but as soon as I can get my replacement bios chip I'll try to have a chance to test it out.

Although the only reason I'd like to update bios was hope that I can get my ram to run at its rated speed 3000 currently running at 2133) but hunk I'd rather have my SSD working.

Back