• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z270 K3 GAMING + i7700k NEED SOMEONE TO GUIDE ME TO OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its there... somewhere.:)

Is you bios on the latest version? If not, update it.

Edit:
I feel stupid I justed need to use page up and page down to change the values !
It happens!

Last edited:
You following instructions? :p :)

Being serious, you need to get a hold of what your idle and load voltages actually are (see above). If your idle and load voltage difference is more than .03V, I tend to use llc... but this is up to you.

Find those power limits and change them to the highest yet? That also needs to be don (see earlier).

The goal with overclocking is to reach a clockspeed and use the least amount of voltage to be stable. This entails changing voltage and stress testing. I'd start with aida64 or real bench. Keep tests while stress testing under 90C. If a quick 5 min test works amd temps are in order, lower voltage a couple of notches and test again. Does it fail now, raise voltage a notch or two.

Last edited:
So to understand this better , should I be looking at VID when checking volts if they are lower or higher? Also power limits , how are they presented as an option in the bios and what values should I insert?

I am just getting confused becuase on CPU-Z its stable at 1.248 V and on Core Temp VID is going up and down all the time from ~1.27 to ~1.3 1.png

Also my LLC has auto / standard / high / turbo instead of "Levels" and I currently have it on High

Last edited:
I found on Giga turbo was my go to for LLC and your power limit is in advanced CPU settings

there are so many power limit options whitch ones should I change and what values should I type in?

50274338_1207743752709450_743621339025244160_n.jpg

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Also I've went all the way down to 1.2v while benching with AIDA64 Extreme with cooling fan @80% and the results are these :
(should I keep going lower?)
test.png

Please bear with me because I am a tottal noob and explain me in more detail x)
What values should I type in the slots ?
Package Power Limit time or wats? also there are only 2 of these
Do I touch Platform power limit watts / time too? also there are only 2 in that option
And last but not least there is a simple power limit 3 do I thouch that too watt / time ?
also what values do I need to type in core current limit?

I just set them to max to eliminate any throttling. do the watts and core current

I mentioned all of that and set it to the highest earlier. Use the thread a reference. :)

Edit: apologies... I didnt say platform specifically.

Guys power limits max value is 4050 (Watts? I suppose?) you sure I should set it to that? Btw Should I touch DRAM too?

Last edited:
We said max earlier... :)

Dont touch the dram (we intentionally didnt say anything about that :p).

LOL, and that is OK.. We are here to help! But please do not hesitate to follow the instructions we give. :)

Dont take it the wrong way I just see big numbers and I feel like I misunderstood LOL.

So now if I am correct the only thing left is to run benchmarks and keep lowering the volts untill I find that sweet spot?

Stress testing is better than just running benchmarks if you want stability

Is it possible to fail while playing for example or editing and not fail while stressing / benching?

Also can you please explain me this? isnt it the same thing ? why is the core temp going up and down from 1.27-1.33 and on cpu Z its stable 24/7
1.png

Sometimes the programs do not agree... what does HWinfo say, or better yet, what does teh Giga windows software (Easy tune?) say it is? Which one does it match?

Do you have any form of LLC enabled? If so, what happens when it is disabled, do either of those change? If you are set manually, you shouldn't be jumping up to 1.32V like that. It is more likely the ~1.25V value in CPUz is accurate. LLC is dialed in if it is holding (small fluctuations are normal) while on stress test loads.

Dont take it the wrong way I just see big numbers and I feel like I misunderstood LOL.

So now if I am correct the only thing left is to run benchmarks and keep lowering the volts untill I find that sweet spot?

The big numbers don't mean the actual power draw will reach that or even come close. It's just a limit. And as you indicated, you have to know the what units those numbers refer to and also where is t he decimal point. amps and milliamps are going to differ only in the decimal point. Watts, amps and volts are totally different animals.

Back