• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

z87 toaster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a Z87 toaster? Are you asking what motherboard you should use for a Haswell CPU?

What is your budget?
Are you overclocking? If so, what is your goal clockspeed?

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE PEOPLE.

i think he means by CASE. you know, since it gets HOT inside that it becomes "toasty"?

anyway, you could go with an MSI motherboard for better compatibility. or biostar.

also, please be more friendly and specific. we arent the "uber badass" kind of people that do allot of small talk while looking cool like they do in some movies. or something like that.

hi btw!

He could be referring to the old SGI or Amiga Video Toaster machines that were used way back when for doing video editing.

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE PEOPLE.

i think he means by CASE. you know, since it gets HOT inside that it becomes "toasty"?

anyway, you could go with an MSI motherboard for better compatibility. or biostar.

also, please be more friendly and specific. we arent the "uber badass" kind of people that do allot of small talk while looking cool like they do in some movies. or something like that.

hi btw!

Well you certainly fooled the rest of us about the OP's intent. How about you and tatmmrkrive get together via PM since you
speak his language and have a better crystal ball than the rest of us. Then assist him composing a post in plain English
so everyone understands what the subject matter is rather than leaving a first-post thread that looks like a troll left it?

But I have dissasembled my old toaster and was wondering what matx mobo or itx to get... I was considering Either Asrock z87 OC formula or ASUS max 6 impact. Unless I can fit an Max 6 oc formula or asrock z87 oc formula as the ram is nice... Don't steal my incognyto toaster mod Idea I have been planning it for months.. new toaster oven arrived tuesday I want to use the old one with it's window and shell because everything you see is basically seperate from the components... If you want me to prove my lack of troll by picture messaging my mutilated toaster oven across my dining room table private message me your phone number!

I ask now because big pay check in under 2 weeks. they finally have asrock motherboards in stock at newegg and my dimastech bench is showing up tuesday and I am gonna rma my rampage extreme board and one of my gtx 680s to asus and I can't be without a pc so I need to make a decision soon...

If thats too much rambling.. Would anyone like to share their opinions on asrock z87 oc formula matx, oc formula ac, or asus maximus 6 formula or impact...

endgoal is 5ghz 24/7 capable clock. With a possible future in LN2. with september release avexir prototype ram... I am not gonna use a graphics card more than likely most of the time, but in the future I might ad some for folding

anyways its gonna be folding in the winter and has to be able to survive in the summer so I need something with ridiculous tolerances. Chances are it will be exposed to excesses of 100degrees ambient often during that course it will be downclocked. But low humidity with near freezing ambients in the winter give a window for some real fun.

Its gonna be some sort of nonassuming piece of technology that contains ridiculous amounts of computing power.
I just want a really cool LAN option and this is one of those ideas I have been throwing around with my dad for a while and he needs a new pc ipsofacto the evil toaster builld

Last edited:
I have a psu hard drive and placeholder ram so this things build peak is $1200-1300 if i custom loop the vrms and processor. Or that's atleast what I was thinking 80 for block, 70 for pump, 700 for cpu+mobo, 50-100maybe 150 if i get 2 radiators, 50 a resevoir. then 30$ for dragonice and I HOPE that avexir is gonna be LESS than 300$
unless the amd rchland 6800 APU is competitive with z87
I was hinted towards a cherry processor over in classifieds i wanna see the price on

Also Msi has a wretched rma policy so i am steering away from them.

ANd one more thing how is that trolling and how else was it to be interpreted was beyond me I thought posing cramming a haswell into a toaster at all would hint towards a mod I mean I don't need to ask about regular computers that are meant to hold pc components.

Next time I will be sure to ramble on and on with things tat aren't quite relevant. I was trying to be friendly by not making you read poorly conceived sentences conveyed through a broken keyboard but you guys threaten to ban me... THAT's WAY MORE unfriendly if you ask me but what do I know I am just a badass..

ANyways back to my build I have no specific OC goal if i had to say I had a goal it's 8ghz(unless dimastech LN2 pots are no good I was gonna get that cuz its so much cheaper than the EKSF3D)

Last edited:
But I have dissasembled my old toaster and was wondering what matx mobo or itx to get... I was considering Either Asrock z87 OC formula or ASUS max 6 impact. Unless I can fit an Max 6 oc formula or asrock z87 oc formula as the ram is nice... Don't steal my incognyto toaster mod Idea I have been planning it for months.. new toaster oven arrived tuesday I want to use the old one with it's window and shell because everything you see is basically seperate from the components... If you want me to prove my lack of troll by picture messaging my mutilated toaster oven across my dining room table private message me your phone number!

I ask now because big pay check in under 2 weeks. they finally have asrock motherboards in stock at newegg and my dimastech bench is showing up tuesday and I am gonna rma my rampage extreme board and one of my gtx 680s to asus and I can't be without a pc so I need to make a decision soon...

If thats too much rambling.. Would anyone like to share their opinions on asrock z87 oc formula matx, oc formula ac, or asus maximus 6 formula or impact...

endgoal is 5ghz 24/7 capable clock. With a possible future in LN2. with september release avexir prototype ram... I am not gonna use a graphics card more than likely most of the time, but in the future I might ad some for folding

anyways its gonna be folding in the winter and has to be able to survive in the summer so I need something with ridiculous tolerances. Chances are it will be exposed to excesses of 100degrees ambient often during that course it will be downclocked. But low humidity with near freezing ambients in the winter give a window for some real fun.

Its gonna be some sort of nonassuming piece of technology that contains ridiculous amounts of computing power.
I just want a really cool LAN option and this is one of those ideas I have been throwing around with my dad for a while and he needs a new pc ipsofacto the evil toaster builld

:facepalm:

YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID ALL THAT IN YOUR FIRST POST.

ill try. ill ninja edit this post when i get back.

NINJA EDIT:

now i know what you mean by toaster. reread your post because quick reading isnt that great for me.

now, you mention mATX and ITX. so those two sizes would not fit if you have a small case...or toaster. while your at it, could you post your specs? maybe a picture of the..."toaster"?

if you need an ITX board, check out Asus's boards. the amount of stuff they cram on their is so much its like cramming as much marshmallows into a kids mouth.

Last edited:
So what the is so difficult or banworthy about my simple, relevant motherboard question that I posed in the self explanitory intel mtherboard forum thread with the thread title z87 narrowing down the chipset. I am looking for a z87 motherboard worthy of cramming into my deathtoaster.
How is it my fault you are too dense to suggest some motherboards or too anally retentive to laugh at the proposition. I baited you guys to ask me what I meant because these go on for pages any ways it's meant to intrigue then scroll down and grab your attention... its a toaster build! lighten up... If you guys don't wanna see a toaster build then I will go to a different forum where the trolls aren't screamming troll

Your first post left a lot to be desired. Please understand the apprehension you observed due to a complete lack of information. Building a rig in a toaster, on the surface, isn't exactly common and all. :)

That said, what IS the story? You building inside a toaster and want a 5ghz 24/7 clock on a haswell cpu? Not happening. Not 5ghz 24/7 on a benching station under water either, no way.

So to be clear, you want two systems, right? One for the toaster, and another for the dismatech?

basically I have a toaster oven its like a mini oven.
and 5ghz is high closer to 4.8 oor 4.7 24/7 during optimal conditions
I am gonna have enough room to put atleast a 240 radiator in it i figure minimum space i have is 11"x10" and 7 inches tall max is 14"x 10.5 If i want to be bare wit it I can just use its shell and basically use it like a box with the opening on the bottom and lower it over components On a bench table

dimastech in the mail isn't related to this build I am just using the cpu and mobo as a spare part while my 3930k rampage 4 extreme is in for RMA so that is in there to add reference for the time I need the mobo/cpu by

Last edited:
So lets think then.. what size is the toaster you are going to use? Measure the space so you know what can fit. How are you going to mount it in/on the toaster? How do you plan to use extreme cooling methods with a toaster or case?

What are your thoughts on the basic orientation of this setup? I'm having a mind block on how your goals will be possible with a toaster...

Now that all the BS is out of the way In 3-4 words evolutionary toaster bench

z87 based toaster either wit a small formfactor motherboard thats benchmarking proficient or a regular premier motherboard if i can fit it

calm down. we (including myself) all misunderstood you and should have questioned you in the first place before taking you as a troll.

you will need to get a premier board thats ITX or mATX if the toaster is big enough. i dont think a benchmarking board will do.

and earth dog is right. that processor is going to degrade quicker (due to amount of voltage you need to apply) if you overclock it to 5ghz and then have it fold.

NINJA EDIT: now that i think about it, would the Corsair H50 work for you? i imagine this is going to be a TIGHT build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back