• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

z87 toaster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say any of that, lol! Its likely that he will be temperature limited before voltage. If he got a great cpu and delidded it under custom water he stands a chance... Not a good one, but better, lol!

This sounds like fun! :D

OP, try to edit the first post and add pictures of the toaster in question.
I think the Impact would be a great choice for this, if not the Asrock OCF-M or MVIG.

dimastech is for my "God Eater" build because i have 3 dc2 gtx 680s that are about to be sli'd they ar every heavy cards and they have a metal bracket/support that prevents a rigid pcb sli bridge to be installed withoutdisasembling... one of my gtx680s is making some wierd fan noises so as I wait for my 10slot expansion to show up from italy i am sending out my graphics cards and in the process of sending out my graphics card i decided to file for rma for my motherboard to be fixed because its 4pin cpu power cable connection is improperly seated so I need to get a 4770k and mobo to use wile my rive and one of my 3 cards is out for RMA

So this IS for two systems now? What is going on here?

Ill check back when some clarity finds it way to the thread... But mostly... I'm tired. :)

Last edited:
ANd I was thinking of just going custom loop for cooling as most the motherboards i was fnd of have blocks on them and a supremacy with a plexi top is 70$ I was thinking a 240 radiator and a 120 ,or just a thick 240 for cooling both cpu and vrms.
I am not gonna have any offboard gpu... also I might delve into a peltier or something if i can figure those out

I would have pics of said toaster but i can't find camera.

basically i wanna be able to take it out of the toaster oven whenever i get my ln2 pot and just start shredding up haswell favorable devices.

So its a toaster OVEN now... Ok.

I asked a few questions earlier about the logistics...have you thought that out? Knowing the available space will help is help you choosing the board.. matx or smaller.

Plead edit you posts instead of double and triple posting.. :)

I hope to review z87 ocf soon, but its a beast. Again... Slow down. What size board can fit in your toaster oven? Hardware discussion is premature without knowing what will fit. ;)

Last edited:
basically I have a toaster oven its like a mini oven.
and 5ghz is high closer to 4.8 oor 4.7 24/7 during optimal conditions
I am gonna have enough room to put atleast a 240 radiator in it i figure minimum space i have is (W11"xD10" ) and H7 inches tall max is W14"xD10.5' If i want to be bare wit it I can just use its shell and basically use it like a box with the opening on the bottom and lower it over components On a bench table

dimastech in the mail isn't related to this build I am just using the cpu and mobo as a spare part while my 3930k rampage 4 extreme is in for RMA so that is in there to add reference for the time I need the mobo/cpu by
maximum with a separate compartment: I will gut out all the insides use only the shell and the front door with dials section and create a faux kitchen counter top and drawer for the psu hard disks and other drives. If i get matx i will probably put most of that stuff in the non-food compartment part and itx i will buy a busted bitfenix itx case... OH I am buying some busted bitfenix cases to use for the mobo tray or vga support btw.. I can't believe I forgot to mention that.
i will get a few of these busted cases and cut the fan hole stuff off them and make a little radiator area in the cabinet for better cooling if necessary

"Does anyone have measurements of the regular z87ocf motherboard? "
is the question I should have asked from the begining

and Why do I keep having to repeat myself?

Last edited:
You edited that in 9 mins later.. I didn't see it.

So clearly that will not fit an atx board unless its gutted, right? You are looking at matx otherwise. MVIHero or OCF-m are you choices if this is ln2 bound without gutting it. So, you gutting it or not?

Last edited:
If you can't find the dimensions of an oc formula (eatx in size BTW) I can measure for you tomorrow as I own one.

I have a rampage 4 extreme that's eatx that measures out to 12" x 10.7" according to newegg so I imagine its very close to that thus cutting it pretty close!
@ earth yeah That's what I think is going on... if I can't fit a ocf in the gutted parameters, I am gonna try and keep it mostly intact and use a matx or itx. the way it would go together gutted is pretty clean though so it's not really a negative imho.

@Janus I looked at asrock's website and newegg for it and couldn't find anything so it would be awesome if you could measure it.

can't belive i just googled Toaster Oven.. cool,, new nvidia driver allert,but i'm gonna complete this comment. when i saw ur first post just didn't get a handle on my self "thought u call it toaster",, but now think it's a good idea,post some pictures plz

one question, it'sn't that thermally sealed? it's gonna be Hot not matter what, you should go for closed water loop for the cpu, Thermaltake water 2 pro if it's a large oven

So what the is so difficult or banworthy about my simple, relevant motherboard question that I posed in the self explanitory intel mtherboard forum thread with the thread title z87 narrowing down the chipset. I am looking for a z87 motherboard worthy of cramming into my deathtoaster.
How is it my fault you are too dense to suggest some motherboards or too anally retentive to laugh at the proposition. I baited you guys to ask me what I meant because these go on for pages any ways it's meant to intrigue then scroll down and grab your attention... its a toaster build! lighten up... If you guys don't wanna see a toaster build then I will go to a different forum where the trolls aren't screamming troll

By your own admission you're baiting the membership. We spend enough time clearing out spammers and trolls
during the course of the day here so your suggestion to troll somewhere else is accepted.
Any continuation in another thread and you're history. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back