• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman 7000AL-cu and case fans question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dandelion

Registered
I'm getting a K8N Neo Plat./3200+ and a Chieftec Matrix case. I was wondering if the Zalman 7000AL-cu is the best air cool option in it's price range for the 3200+.

I also need five 80mm fans for the Matrix and was thinking of some 80mm Vantec Stealth fans. Do these have enough airflow for OCing this mobo/cpu in this case? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Personally you don't have to have the baddest Case fans in the world, they just have to move the air in, and out.

I would go for quieter, lesser cfm fans instead of really crazy loud high cfm fans.

(I.E. IMO it's not worth having tornados for front fans/rear exhaust in a conventional setup)

However, I would go for a very good fan for your HS, and if you have a side intake that wouldn't hurt to be a little bit better than the front two/rear two on your case.

Those Stealths would deffinately do the trick.

as far as i know, it's one of the best quiet air cooling options on the market. the CU (all copper) version is supposed to be better for heat spikes.

Now if you really want the best, get a Thermalright SP-97 and stick a 92mm fan on there. It's not cheap though, as far as I know. It's the best performing heatsink on the market right now.

While I was aircooled I used a Zalman 7000 (cu) with great success.
It is a fine HS.

You'll do better I believe, using 92mm or 120mm fans rather than 80's.
Higher CFM at lower RPM= better cooling and less noise.

if you have a bit of money extra, get the zalman FB-123 bracket and put a quiet panaflo or other 120mm fan while removing the stock fan from the heatsink...got me a 6C drop

cool thanks for the advice all. My case did come with a side intake fan. I will probably replace it with one of the stealths though. I've already ordered them, I didn't think about going larger than 80mm until I read the post above. Oh well, Hopefully five of them will do the job *quietly*.

Thanks for the tip on the thermalright sp97, I have seen that heatsink before. I think I will hold out for that one, since it does seem to be the most recommended. I'll just use the stock cooling for now. Thanks again for all the great advice! This forum is so cool!! (No pun intended!) :D

Xp-120 coming out in about 14 days according to Thermalright. Only weighs 360grams. So putting on a delta 120mm will put it at 520grams. Just 50grams over the limits so watch moving your computers :)

Back