• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS9500a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carlito77

Bought this cooler for my x58a-ud7 mobo. However, as soon as I got it, the box said I'd need to purchase an CS4A adapter clip for the 1366 socket which Amazon failed to mention after stating it was compatible with this 1366 socket. But this adapter clip does not fit my motherboard. Am I missing something? Does this cooler need some sort of backplate? I've built systems before but this has me totally stumped. Thanks

There is no backplate. You would use the clip support from the CS4A kit to replace the one that came w/ the HSF, and use the existing bolts, washers, and nuts to affix it to the board.

Yes, the CNPS9500 does require an additional bracket for compatibility with LGA1366.

The stock bracket (known as ZM-CS5B) only supports LGA775, LGA1156, LGA1555, and LGA1150.

So yes, you would need the ZM-CS4A adapter to use the 9500 or 9700 with an LGA1366 platform.

Back