• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman VF770 With Nvidia 9600GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meniem

Dear all,

I have an inquiry, I have purchased the Zalman VF770 Fan to install it on my Nvidia Geforce 9600GT 512MB VGA card.

I followed the instructions carefully as mentioned in the manual.

But after i turned on the computer, the system came with a message informed me that the fan has been replaced and THE PERFORMANCE will be reduced.

I ran the windows 7 performance assesment, the VGA score was 6.8 on the original damaged cooler, after i have installed the fan, it went down to 3.6 !!! See the pic below:

unled1eyw.jpg

The temperature now is 53°C :

unled3mhto.jpg

And the surprise, when i ran the benchmark at 720, the score was 38 points:

unled4yj.jpg

Refer to this table for the score comparison:

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Also i removed the VGA driver and downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia site and installed it after restart.

And the power cable connection is as follows:

powercables.jpg

And of course all the games ran (IF RAN) on the low resolution.

NOW WHAT.

The original fan presumably connected to the graphics card itself right? I'm suspecting the card is trying to protect itself, as it doesn't pickup any fan activity from its an header, and is reducing its performance. What if you plug the old fan into the card, but leave the new fan in place doing the actual cooling - does it work fine?

Thanks man for your reply,

This is an image for the card with the original cooler:

GeForce_9600_GT_3qtr_med.png

And this is the zalman fan that i need to replace the original cooler with it:

VF770_m.jpg

VF770_03.jpg

But i think it will be difficult to plug the original cooler and the fan above it.

What do you think man.

I haven't seen a card do this. Odd. I don't know what to say.

You can use normal size fonts, we can read it.

Hmm, is this a Dell PC? You had on board graphics before?

Tell us LOTS more. What PC do you have?

You might have a card WAYY above your PCI lanes etc, no idea.

TELL US MORE.

This is overall pretty strange. Definitely more information required. Can you take a pic of the card? I'm thinking maybe there's no heatsinks on the VRM chips or something so it's going into recovery mode.

I was surprised when i plugged the new fan and the performance went down like this, Really i don't know the real reason behind this.

My PC is assembled not a brand name. Its specs are:
- CPU: Core i3-2100 LGA 1155.
- MB: Gigabyte PH67A-D3-B3, USB3, SATA3, up to 16GB RAM.
- RAM: Kingston 8GB Dual channel DDR3 1333MHZ.
- Case: Cooler master with 400W PSU.
- VGA: XFX Nvidia 9600GT 512MB.

The VGA Worked great on this PC before the original was defected, once i replaced the FAN. I experienced this problem.

Back