• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZeroTherm BTF90

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChanceCoats123

d20 in a jacket
Hi, I'm looking to over clock amd athlon x2 5200+ as far as I possibly can, and unfortunately I have the stock cooler right now :bang head. I was looking around and I saw this cooler http://www.compusa.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2882721&sku=M333-3000&srkey=zerotherm butterfly and did some research and it is nice as far as I can tell. I know I want an all copper and I want something able to cool a 3.4Ghz+ chip without having to go to water. Basically asking if this is a good reliable cooler, how much it would cool temps and if there are any better coolers? Thanks in advance.

I had one - it's a pretty good cooler, but there are certainly better ones - even from zerotherm. The NV120 is better as well as the FZ120, there's also the thermalright TRUE, the CoolerMaster V8, some of the larger Zalmans, etc..etc..

Again, not a bad cooler at all and does look sharp; there just are some better coolers out there.

Thanks for the input. I plan on upgrading to a 8750 in the near future and was wondering if you had any suggestions under like $100 (not water) that would keep me under 45 under full load.

Thanks, that actually looks pretty good. Would it keep a 8750 at 3.4-3.6 below 50 under load? my case flows plenty. I was also wondering if this would fit into a mid-tower case. There shouldn't be any clearance problems with ram or mosfet pipe with my 750a board.

Back