• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zerotherm CF800 or AeroCool GT-1000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbieOneKenobi

Hi, guys. Been a while. I have an Aerocool GT-1000 on my CPU (e7200) right now. I can buy a Zerotherm CF800 off my brother's friend for whom I found it several years ago at a bargain price, at that same price (he doesn't need it after all).

So I wonder. The GT-1000 is impressive, 750g of gold-plated copper, 6 heatpipes. On the other hand, the CF800 has similar heatsink size (lighter because it's aluminium), more fins, is monolithic. Four heatpipes, copper foot.

I can't really check it out, would need to get permission to unpack it and then I'd need to buy it even if it didn't work (in addition to all the mounting fun).

Any ideas which cooler should be better? Zerotherm certainly claims better temps than I'm getting (according to RealTemp, I get 38-41C per core depending on fan RPM (2 powerful 92mm fans), according to SpeedFan, this is 45C per core, system 37).

Am I annoyed at the temps. But I probably get what I deserve for using a 2005 cooler. Should buy an orb anyway (due to Asus P5Q-E's placement of mobo component heatsinks and heatpipes around the CPU, favouring an orb cooler).

Thanks in advance for help.

Well between the two, i would go for the GT1000. But over all, i would suggest looking maybe at Zalman, Coolermaster and Thermaltake. I personally use a Zalman cnps9500 for my i7 2700k. But I heard good things about the Coolermaster hyper 212+. Anything else if you want better temps, try going liquid cooling.

Back