• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Today is the day!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anthonyg45157

The new and improved Drivers are supposed to be released today! ... Who believes they actually will drop today ? They seem optimistic in response to people on their Twitter account.

Waiting patiently....

SMH... Companies should never give specific dates IMO. Have a source super trucker? I like to read lol

Looks like they are saying tomorrow without actually saying tomorrow. Would coincide with the rumor that it will be a 13.8 driver. Ah well as long as it hits before the weekend so I can give them a good workout.

Yeah someone on guru3d was saying yesterday they already have an article written on the drivers but were asked not to post it until the download goes live. Mabye when i wake up, its bed time.

They haven't publicly released yet but the download works (note: it could change but I doubt it, this wasn't live an hour ago).

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.8_Beta.exe

Edit: Installed it. Not had a chance to test yet, but here's a screenshot of the new frame pacing option.

Edit 2: Unfortunately this hasn't solved the issues I was having on FIFA (the most rampant frame pacing issues are still prevalent on there). :(

Edit 3: The fix only applies to DX10 & DX11 so I guess FIFA 13 is a DX9 game. Not so bad then!

Last edited:
AMD official link

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta Driver for Windows:

Support for AMD CrossFire™ Frame Pacing
Frame Pacing ensures that frames rendered across multiple GPUs in a CrossFire configuration will be displayed at an even and regular pace.
Enabled through the AMD Catalyst Control Center; Globally or on a per application basis.
Frame Pacing is enabled by default.
Supported for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications, and resolutions up to and including 2560x1600 (single display).
OpenGL 4.3 support – full support for the OpenGL 4.3 feature set
Performance improvements found in AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta for Windows:
Metro: Last Light – improves performance up to 7% on the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series
OpenGL support for User Profiles and Catalyst Application Profiles:
Users can now create per application 3D setting profiles for OpenGL applications.
OpenGL applications are now supported through Catalyst Application Profile updates (for single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations).
AMD Enduro Technology enhancement - Catalyst Control Center will now show which applications are active on the Performance GPU, and the Power-Saving GPU
Resolved issues:
Resolved crash when enabling AMD CrossFireX™ on some AMD 970 platforms
Improved stability for AMD Radeon HD 7790
Resolved intermittent mouse cursor corruption when rapidly moving the cursor across window borders

*edit

LINK to Guru3D'review

Comparing apples to oranges, when you look at the charts NVIDIA still has a better overall solution as their latencies differentials for each even and odd frame are a hint better. But the difference with AMD is very close, so close that we doubt very much it can be seen visually

Last edited:
Will wait till the weekend and see the reports on here, before thinking about up dating. By then you guys will have knocked the stuffing out of those new Drivers by then lol. AJ.

Last edited:
Back