• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Today is the day!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Perhaps if you read the thread, you would not be waiting.

thanks.

Going to give credit where credit is due. In a relatively short time period the AMD driver team has been able to tackle micro-stuttering significantly. Though they are not there yet the overall latency differential has improved dramatically. Let's hope future generation GPU's the framepace algorithm will be dealt with in hardware, just like NVIDIA. Mind you that frame pacing AMD driver offers now only works with DX10 and DX11 titles for now. AMD is still working on DirectX 9, but that will be addressed in the upcoming Beta's. AMD will also have to deal with higher resolutions above 2560x1600 and of course directly related to that high resolution, Eyefinity.

Comparing apples to oranges, when you look at the charts NVIDIA still has a better overall solution as their latencies differentials for each even and odd frame are a hint better.

This is great news, now all I have to do is wait for AMD to put the Radeon 8870 on the market so I can crossfire it with my 8870 oem card.

They're not gonna release those to the market, they're the same as the 7xxx series.

Are they releasing any of the 8000 series cards? I have been hoping they would release the card I have because I have an Alienware aurora and Alienware quoted me a ridiculous $515 for another 8870.

Are they releasing any of the 8000 series cards? I have been hoping they would release the card I have because I have an Alienware aurora and Alienware quoted me a ridiculous $515 for another 8870.

As far as I know, it's the same card as a 7870.

That site has the specs for the rumored 9000 series cards when people thought they would be 8000. Your card is functionally identical to a 7870, the only question is if there is a block in the bios that would stop them from crossfiring. Which would be a deviation from how amd has handled such things in the past, like with the 6770 and 5770 being able to xfire.

Back