• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Based solely on what I have read it should slide in between Mandrake and Johans however this is you guy's theory slot it in how you feel. It really has been months since I have really played with this chip I am chugging away here now at stock.

I have learned a little this week.
I shut down my 6300 game rig and had one of the guys swap out the hdd in the 965 rig for an ssd. I installed an os and my game.
I found that starting from scratch you have to work a little harder twisting the knobs and things with the 965 over the 6300.
with the 6300 you just clock up the memory clock to max out your timmings and then max out your cpu -cpu-nb and ht clocks and thats close to it.
with the 965 it seems everything needs to be just a little off from that to get all you can out of it.

Reason I asked when RGone bought his chip was, I'm curious if buying the 1st batches gets you a better cpu. I just checked I bought mine, 10/23/12 from the Egg. I asked because I'm wondering if your was built before mine and/or purchased before. I guess I'll take off the block when I get a chance and look at the build date on it. If I'm not mistaken it's year followed by the week it was made correct?

Reason I asked when RGone bought his chip was, I'm curious if buying the 1st batches gets you a better cpu.

Well as the story goes... and here's a direct quote on the subject.

Originally Posted by ShrimpBrime
Hey just to give you a heads up above the rest, I put the FX-8320 up for sale. It is naked and if you want dibs, get it in now!

TTYL

Jon

"Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, the only chips any use for me are the frequency queens - those were fabbed early in the production cycle so late cycle chips won't do it for me."

Proof is in the pudding ;)

Reason I asked when RGone bought his chip was, I'm curious if buying the 1st batches gets you a better cpu. I just checked I bought mine, 10/23/12 from the Egg. I asked because I'm wondering if your was built before mine and/or purchased before. I guess I'll take off the block when I get a chance and look at the build date on it. If I'm not mistaken it's year followed by the week it was made correct?

Ya that's how it goes the one I'm returning was made in 1324 24th week 2013 so some time in may. I purchased the other in Dec 2012 I'll have to check the date again when I have it apart.

So far I think your theory is holding true guys. Just checked my piggy and it's at 1.375 VIDD.
What software do you use to read out the P-States like that? I'd like to see what the 20x is on the new chip whaen I get it.

What software do you use to read out the P-States like that? I'd like to see what the 20x is on the new chip whaen I get it.
Cpu-Z Click on "About" then click "save report" though I believe you need to have it set at stock values. Does the piggy know what that is?

The piggy knows but I don't like to spoil'er like that. She gets lazy :rofl:

Thanks Manny, I know now the Cpu-z and coretemp get the same numbers.

# of P-States 7
P-State FID 0x1A - VID 0x0A - IDD 13 (21.00x - 1.425 V)
P-State FID 0x19 - VID 0x0B - IDD 13 (20.50x - 1.412 V)
P-State FID 0x18 - VID 0x0E - IDD 12 (20.00x - 1.375 V)
P-State FID 0x12 - VID 0x16 - IDD 10 (17.00x - 1.275 V)
P-State FID 0xC - VID 0x1F - IDD 8 (14.00x - 1.162 V)
P-State FID 0x5 - VID 0x29 - IDD 5 (10.50x - 1.037 V)
P-State FID 0x10C - VID 0x33 - IDD 4 (7.00x - 0.912 V)

I squeezed another 100 MHz out of it this morning. 5704.14 I had it up to 5750 but my file was corrupt and couldn't do it again.

That's a great idea Mr. Clean, I like it!! You should see what I've done with the SuperPi and Wprime, lately!! All excited getting my hands on the 9370 tomorrow hopefully.

I squeezed another 100 MHz out of it this morning. 5704.14 I had it up to 5750 but my file was corrupt and couldn't do it again.

Great g00glie m00glies man. That is pretty darn good for flowing water instead of sublimation or expanding gasses.

You have pushed an FX-8350 about as far as I am guessing the FX-9370 will go. Good you have got the hang of it before the FX-9370 gets to the house. Will be interesting to see what the P-states show for the 9370. See if the top turbocore state voltage is higher than 1.425 or not.

Back when I used to do SS and -40ish, the Intels responded pretty good but the K10s needed -100 or so begin to really show out after getting to 0 or so. That is why intelectually, I am speculating the FX-9370 will not do much better. I was brain tumbling just now and I really want to see what the P-states are for the FX-9370. I have to guess that they will be good wafers with not so much leakage or they could not begin get the big Mhz without having to consign everyone of those cpus to water by cpu specifications.

Shett shett. Let me shut up brain tumbling. Again awesome 5.7Ghz man.

Have run today.
Bobert...

EDIT:
Oh crap I forgot they did raise the TDP by 95 or so. Humh?
END EDIT.

Great g00glie m00glies man. That is pretty darn good for flowing water instead of sublimation or expanding gasses.

You have pushed an FX-8350 about as far as I am guessing the FX-9370 will go. Good you have got the hang of it before the FX-9370 gets to the house. Will be interesting to see what the P-states show for the 9370. See if the top turbocore state voltage is higher than 1.425 or not.

Back when I used to do SS and -40ish, the Intels responded pretty good but the K10s needed -100 or so begin to really show out after getting to 0 or so. That is why intelectually, I am speculating the FX-9370 will not do much better. I was brain tumbling just now and I really want to see what the P-states are for the FX-9370. I have to guess that they will be good wafers with not so much leakage or they could not begin get the big Mhz without having to consign everyone of those cpus to water by cpu specifications.

Shett shett. Let me shut up brain tumbling. Again awesome 5.7Ghz man.

Have run today.
Bobert...

EDIT:
Oh crap I forgot they did raise the TDP by 95 or so. Humh?
END EDIT.

Y a thtat's the first thing I'm gonna check. I'm curious as well. I'm hoping they have a p-state for x20 to do aneven comparison as well.
I'm fairly certain you alrady have a 9xxx processor they just put it in the wrong box. :clap:
I'm also quite curious to see if the IMC performance is any better with the better chip and if there may be more head room. I'm stuck at 2710 after that she's not happy any more.

Last edited:
Back