• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia 4800 quadro fx display port?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wazco

Registered
I'm trying to get my dual monitors to work but unable to. I have one monitor hook up w/ dvi and the other on display port. The Dvi port works fine and DP shows up on both Window 7 and Nvidia set up. When I click on the monitor that's hooked to the DP, it won't allow me to set it up or apply the setting. What do I need to do to get this activated? Thanks in advance!!

Quadro_FX4800_bracket_med.png

Have you tried just running the displayport only without the DVI monitor plugged in to see if that works?

SJ

Have you tried just running the displayport only without the DVI monitor plugged in to see if that works?

SJ

yes, I'm assuming the DP on monitor is not working. Also, I installed the latest driver, an advice from the Nvidia rep. Just bought a dvi extension and connect to dp converter dvi and see if that works. will find out when i get home. Will keep you posted and thanks for you advice! Is there anything on the device manager if i need to make any adjustment to the monitor?

Last edited:
Shouldn't be, I've swapped around the outputs on ours at work to both combinations (DVI+DP, DP+DP, or just one of either) and it always figures out what I'm doing and uses the correct output.

One thing (some say the only thing :rolleyes: ) about getting Quadros is the extra money to have nvidia support to the maximum. Id say if you can't get it working don't let them off the phone till it does :)

SJ

Red,
Thanks for all your advice. I got it to work. It's awesome!!!! It was just a serious stupid error on my part. You're going to laugh at this so strap yourself down and be prepared. On the lower right hand side of the Dell monitor is a switch with no Identification. That when you press it, it switch to VGA-DVI D1, DVI D2, and finally the last, Display Port. Nice, huh! I bet I didnt' even have to update the driver either but oh well.

Thanks again buddy!!!! You :rock:

One more question, if you don't mind. My second monitor is for all my tools which is connected to VGA. Now that I have a spare DVI D cable, should I connect that instead of using the VGA? Will I notice the difference?

Probably a little. VGA craps out pretty quick at higher resolutions. I have a 1920x1200 I was running off VGA for a while before I was able to get a DVI -> HDMI cable and didn't notice a huge difference, but was a bit better.

glad it works. Always nice when it's something simple (albeit frustrating when it's something simple :) )

Back