• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA RTX 3080 TI no display port after build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robmoo

I just built a new PC:

Lian/Dan A4-H2O
Core i9 14900k
Asus ROG Strix 240mm AIO
ASUS Z790i Strix MB
Corsair Vengeance 16gb x2
Cooler Master v1100 PSU
EVGA RTX 3080 ti

Before I had Display Port video from the video card no problem. Now that I have it installed in the new build it wants to be a PITA. I At Least get HDMI out of it. With my ASUS PA329 monitor HDMI (HDMI 2.0 vs DP 1.2) is probably about as good, but it ticks me off that I don't get display port. The Bios is all updated to the latest version including the card. It does hang upside down in that case. Everything seems fairly secure. It takes up a LOT less desk space than my previous 5 year old build.

Any thoughts on why I get no video from the display port? I had and extra cable lying around and even swapped it to see if I was to rough on the old cable.

Well... What changed in this new build?

New CPU obviously... New motherboard? New RAM?

It is possible (though rare and unlikely) that you somehow fried the display port (since apparently that's what you were mainly using) by taking the cable out or putting it in while the unit was powered on. I actually fried a motherboard display port like that... many... mannnny moons ago.

The GOOD news, however, is that your HDMI port is still working. So if you've tried updating all of your drivers and firmware and it's still not working? Then I'd just forget about it.

I hate display port anyway! :D

Never really understood the point... HDMI is just far more common and when you run into situations, like yours, where you think a cable might be going bad... it's a lot trickier to buy a new one.

I could probably get a new HDMI cable from the supermarket...

...or the shoe store.

Last edited:
Back