• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 600t Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brpeden82

Registered
Loop consist of

Enzotech Sapphire Rev.A
Swiftech MCR220-QP RAD
Swiftech mcp-655-B
Phoyba Extrerme 200MM RAD
Swiftech MicroRes V2

Need to add EK FC560 Waterblock

000_0175.jpg

Nice job, I own the white "special edition" of this case and I love it. I noticed the extra holes on the top, on mine for the radiator. Did it just happen to align perfectly or did you have to modify it a little?

Hey nice rig. I was planning on putting my pump exactly where you had it and I was wondering if you can see the pump through the side panel?

the radiator line up perfectly. not sure about the pump through the window as i have a solid side looking into getting the window side panel though

Still got to put a a ek-FC560 gtx to the evga gtx 560ti in the loop got some uv blue primochill pro lrt 7/16" tubing coming to.

ok so i dont did water tempature test and i got about 33 C with ambient about 25 C during load during OCCT Linpack Test

Idle temps was 38 c
load got about 62 C

Here a Overclock test

2011-07-08-14h08-CPU1.png

These temps are WAY TOO HIGH brother.

I got a 925 Deneb running 250FSB @ 3.5Ghz (1.45v) and even when I prime95 my temps never break 45C. I'm on air-cooling with a Thermaltake SpinQ, which is about average in the aftermarket air cooling.

I know it's a 955 but it's still the same architecture and and while I also know that breaking that 4.0ghz barrier is going to take a toll thermally, you got to have something going on here, especially if you've done liquid cooling on your rig (like you have).

I have never seen temps break the 60C range and I had to do a double-take when I saw your benchmark. Considering how exotic your water-cooling setup is, I can't fathom why you're hitting those kinds of temps..

The Deneb architecture has a sweet-spot for Over-Clocking, and I'm assuming you got the Black Edition as well, which starts at 3.2, which is a 400Mhz gain on me. I was able to jump mine up 700Mhz with minimal heat changes, along with a 50Mhz boost in FSB and a 500Mhz boost in HTT. I'm absolutely confident that I could take my 925 to 3.8. You say your running at or below stock FSB @ 200Mhz? I am concerned that your massive jump in temps are outlining a problem somewhere..

You'll notice that you idle at or around 42-45C, which is about 10-13C hotter than my current average at idle (32C). However when I put a 100% load (Prime95) on my CPU I see a jump of about 10C across CPU-Z/HWMonitor etc. which remains stable for the duration of the benchmark. On yours we see a +25C jump, for an extra 500Mhz on top of me that only pertains to your cores because your FSB is sitting stock, as is your HTT I assume. Remember I'm running an air-cooled system which is by no means expensive or exotic or overtly "high performance".

What kind of voltages are you running?

-T

P.S. I have a theory that because your GPU cooling is intertwined with your CPU cooling, that you may just not be able to dump enough heat; remember you're effectively trying to cool two processors, at least one rather enthusiastically overclocked, and a GPU processor, which in my experience tend to run hot in any case, especially if they're overclocked too.

Unless you're not concerned with those temps (I would be) I would maybe entertain the possibility of running independent cooling systems between the GPU and CPU.

OR you could at least make sure the output line (the cool line) from the radiator is contacting the CPU FIRST and then the GPU, if you haven't already done this. IF you have than IMHO I think your cooling setup can't handle two jobs at once.

My 2 cents only because it's my firm belief that if we are to ask so much of the beating hearts of our rigs, that we at least let them do their job in comfort :).

Last edited:
thanks for the concern i had a mishap with my mainboard when trying to put my video card in the loop so when i change the mainboard i can only get about 4 Ghz stable at 1.45 volts load temps are about 45 c now with idle about 32c. i was running a high voltage to get that 4.2 i was running the max limit 1.55. one reason i got a better thermal paste i use acrtic cooling mx-2 now. was using artic silver i think i had a bad mount.

thanks for the concern i had a mishap with my mainboard when trying to put my video card in the loop so when i change the mainboard i can only get about 4 Ghz stable at 1.45 volts load temps are about 45 c now with idle about 32c. i was running a high voltage to get that 4.2 i was running the max limit 1.55. one reason i got a better thermal paste i use acrtic cooling mx-2 now. was using artic silver i think i had a bad mount.

Ah that's great news then. When I finished responding I went to bed thinking about your temp charts on that benchmark and I thought to myself those temps are going up at too steep a curve too, which struck me as a bad mount, but looks like you already beat that one! :)

Yeah I figured with voltages around 1.45-1.55 there's no WAY you should see +60C temps.

who wants to buy a ek fc-560 gtx block. my card went on the frits when i put it on. sent my card to be replaced. hopely evga replaces it. dont know what a happen

Back