• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2016 Folding Goals

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

My folding goals for 2016

Maintain 2M PPD.

Convert more of my farm to GTX 970 cards.

Break 1 Billion points.

Break into the top 5 on the team.

Stretch goals.

2.5M PPD
3M PPD
1.5 Billion points.

Cool thread :thup:
Happy New year Team 32 and of course everybody from overclockers..

My goals are to get at least above 1.2mil 24/7,
that includes getting 2 extra GTX970 which is already in the process..

Fold as much science(PPD) as I can for the Team and help out(on the FAH forums) as much as I can..
and to get to know you guys a bit better al tho we all have our minds set the same way :cool:

Happy Folding, Ray...

Break 1m ppd
Get as least below team 32's top 25

I'm entertaining the idea of building a new cheap linux folding rig with another 970 to run in my parents garage to increase ppd without adding energy costs or heat into my apartment. I also have access to an old dell server at work for personal use, so I'm planning on testing the feasibility of adding a few ppd on xeons here soon.

I have no goals. But as long as the cold winds blow, I might as well flex the muscles on my rig. ;) I tried to set up SETI. I must have done something to **** them off as I ',m still not getting any work units. I'm sad because that's the first DC project I ever participated in. :( Rosetta was working fine.

I wanted something for the GPU so I figured F@H would fill that bill. At the moment it's crunching both CPU and GPU. (Not positive the GPU part is working yet. 'nvidia-smi' does not show any processes.)

One question I have is if I'm contributing to the right team. On Configuration -> Identity I have 12772 which is what I found on the F@H web site for Overclockers.com. Did I do that right? I thought it was 32.

Thanks!

One question I have is if I'm contributing to the right team. On Configuration -> Identity I have 12772 which is what I found on the F@H web site for Overclockers.com. Did I do that right? I thought it was 32.

12772 is the team number for Overclockers Club, not Overclockers.com, you do need to change it to 32, other than that your golden :) :thup:

keep folding, maybe I'll get a new card to throw in at some point and return my 7870 to my folding rig so it can have it's 3rd card back.

My goals are to maintain my current 1.2 million ppd and beyond. I want to break in to the top 15 and my stretch goal would be the top 10. I would like to get half a billion points by the end of the year.

MY BIGGEST GOAL... my biggest goal is to pass equinox on the total points. Any time I get close, he adds more power or my systems begin to break down or both. This is my year to pass equinox!

P.S. I underestimated one of my goals. 800 million is more in line than 500 million so that is my realistic goal for total points.

Last edited:
I'd like 500K PPD.
Setup the 2nd folding rig.

I'd like to grab some 280x's to fold on, since the Nvidia 9xx GPU's are out of my price range.

My goal? Maintain what i do. don may pass and mac may pass but i will be content to just keep chugging along. Very soon i will pass Adak and that to me is a milestone i never expected to reach. I do like our little back and forth though don.

My 2016 goals are very similar equinox :thup: going to keep on keeping on. Now i do want to maybe up the hardware by a few notches. Maybe try and replace the 650 boost and the r9 270 with 7970/280x cards but we'll see if any deals come down the pipe. Id jump on those cards s_p if they had air coolers id be all over them :D
I have to give a small update on my home life. As you guys may or may not know i have a young baby just turned 8 months and i couldn't be happier, or tireder lol. Im not as active as i have been but im following everything :) its too much fun not to watch. Im following everyone and wish everyone a great 2016. Caddi you need to fire up some wus, as work and your honey allow :)

subpar, VERY good to see YOU!!!
sorry I still have a ****** with Stanford, but you, and a few others know how I do what I do, my wan makes a productive farm for team 32.

We're close to the 2/3rds mark, and I seem to be keeping above 2M PPD, and I've broken over 1 Billion points.

My goal? Maintain what i do. don may pass and mac may pass but i will be content to just keep chugging along. Very soon i will pass Adak and that to me is a milestone i never expected to reach. I do like our little back and forth though don.

I miss our bantor. RIP.

This summer took a huge toll on my gear. I did reach 500 million but not my revised 800 million and I would be hard pressed to reach that by years end. I am currently #12 on the team and with my winter gear coming in, I could reach the top 10. I did, sadly, pass equinox on the total points race and he will not be upping his production. I do see that his wife has kept his machines running in the basement (I think) unless his points are coming from his work place.

Back