• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

#8, 20 billion, 10 billion and 9 billion. Let's get to it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Let's start with our billionaire class.
@Holdolin has just earned 20 billion. WOOT! WOOT!
@don256us has just earned his first 10 billion. WOOT!
@Farwalker2u has just earned 9 billion. WOOT!

While we are at it:
@ZapTap has earned 70 million.
Belnarlo has earned 30k.

We are still #8 in the world but with Holdolin's return and the increase from all members, we are chasing Hardware.no, NVIDIA and EVGA. We have no threats on our list. Since we are a small team, we need to make this cold weather work for us and fold fold fold. This is where our rubber hits the road so utilize your NoS, spin up the turbo and launch yourself into the folding abyss.
EVGA will take us 11 years at the current rate.
NVIDIA will take us 11.9 months.
Hardware.no will take us 8.3 months.

But wait, how are these teams trending?
Let's start with ourselves. We are trending up with a fairly strong upward slant.
Hardware.no (a sister team to us) is trending flat. Like almost perfectly flat.
NVIDIA is fairly flat with a slight uphill. So they are trending slightly up.
EVGA is also trending up similar to ourselves but we are clearly out producing them by about 121 million ppd or just under what Holdolin has brought back to us.

@WhitehawkEQ is #30 in the world.
@HayesK is # 37 and 41.
@dfonda is #80
@torin3 is # 81.
@Holdolin is #96.

So that's where we are in the battle of the top 10. It's winter, we have ramped up production, and we are instilling fear in the hearts of men. Well.... maybe not fear. We are known in the industry as a powerful team and we are showing how we earn that rep.... u... ta... tion. Reputation or rep for short. We are currently fielding 48 active folders. That's a new number. We are up 5 active members. Welcome back. Our average ppd is a whopping 10.7 million ppd. Not bad at all. Higher number of active folders *and* an average ppd over 10 million. Lots to like there.

Top 21 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 9 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 50 million ppd or more. (Thank you @WhitehawkEQ )
Top 2 are earning 140 million ppd or more.

So the excitement of potentially passing a team or two has begun and we should be looking to capitalize as best we can. If you haven't already, dust out your farm machines and get them folding.

Until next week, stay warm, stay safe and fold on.
Build, Borg, Recruit.

Last edited:
Ummmm you missed something

Top 21 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 9 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
????????????????????????????????????????? Hint hint hint --> "Top 3 are earning 50 million ppd or more."
Top 2 are earning 140 million ppd or more.

Sorry. Unintended omission. Updated. Thank you. ;)

Can I get a hells to the yea for my fellow folders :cheers:

WTF one and all and Gratz on the 'stones.

Oh, @don256us this reputation you speak of is prolly the best one I have. Career sailor and all :chair: Also, ironically as you suggested I am in fact building. According to UPS tracking, the 4090's should be here in a couple hours, and Amazon says the mobos/CPUs/RAM/NvME drives are out on the truck. Good times and moar PPD :rock:

Holdolin,
In a previous post I think you mentioned finding a motherboard capable of running two 4090s. Would both run at 4.0 x 16 PCIe?
Every Z790 board I have seen splits the lanes and says something like this: "support x16 or x8/x8 modes".
It seems the 14700KF has 20 lanes and the Z790 chipset has 28 lanes (for a total of 48 lanes). I don't understand why the two PCIe slots can't both run 4.0 x 16.

Holdolin,
In a previous post I think you mentioned finding a motherboard capable of running two 4090s. Would both run at 4.0 x 16 PCIe?
Every Z790 board I have seen splits the lanes and says something like this: "support x16 or x8/x8 modes".
It seems the 14700KF has 20 lanes and the Z790 chipset has 28 lanes (for a total of 48 lanes). I don't understand why the two PCIe slots can't both run 4.0 x 16.
Aye, but it's not using a PC board, it's using a server board, this one to be precise.

Edited to add: Yes, all slots can run 4.0 x16, unless you decide to use one or more of the M.2 drives but if only using 2 cards that's easy to work with.
Second edit: Also, after several hundred WU's, the dual GPU system is a couple seconds per frame off given the same WU on one of the single GPU systems.

Last edited:
Back