• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

#7 and 3 Billion. Let's see what we're up to this week.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
We're still #7 in the world with no threats to our newly regained position. NVIDIA is still in our reach but we are slowing down. The overtake for NVIDIA is now slated at 6.4 months.

Top 100 members in the world:
@HayesK #29
@WhitehawkEQ #30
@Holdolin #38
@HayesK again, #44
@dfonda #70
@torin3 #90

In the wings ready to take thier spot in the top 100 are: @orion456 , @P4EE, @Macaholic, @superducky and @Farwalker2u . We're routing for you guys. Keep up the good fold.

As a team, we're doing okay. We are down to our lowest production since November which isn't great but we are still better than we were in July. So not bad. We are down to 50 active members. Not our best but better than previous. So again, not bad. Average ppd for active team members is down to 10.9 million but this number is meaningless. I like it when it's up but it doesn't mean anything good or bad.

Top 26 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 9 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 7 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 40 million ppd or more.
Top 4 are earning 50 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 60 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 70 million ppd or more with @dfonda taking the #2 spot on the team.
Top 1 is @HayesK who is earning more than 147 million ppd.

Great numbers from a great team. Thank you and fold on!

Individuals are making great strides in production too.

Please reach out to @Hshtick for earning 3 billion! WOOT!

@caddi daddi has earned 300 million.
@Aftershock has earned his *first* 100 million! WOOT!

@Flamethrower1972 has earned 70 million.
@Mizzery has earned 60 million.
@mindmatter has earned 40 million.
@KenSavage has earned 20 million. This is a great start for our newest member.

@jazztrumpet216 has earned 6 million.

We're doing okay guys. Nothing great but nothing bad either. Kind of like the question: What's it like to live life with neither highes nor lows? *meh*. That's us right now. Meh.

Okay. Keep doing what you're doing and we'll be fine. My cold medicine is waring off so I'm going to sign off again. (Any errors I'll correct later. Head too stuffy right now to care.)

Until next week
Build, Borg, Recruit.

does anyone use Folding@Home Monitor for android? I use it to keep an eye on things while I'm at work and 5 min after I left I was sitting in line at the carwash and noticed my main pc was showing offline and for the 2 hours I was gone I was paranoid, did the house start on fire, did my computer crash or did my card die which it shouldn't because I have msi afterburner set to target gpu temps at 70c, came home and for whatever reason the folding app wasn't running, nothing in the event logs or anything. Once in a great while on a bigger WU I'll get the display adapter crashed and restarted but it always restarts and works just fine after and it leaves an error in the logs, I wash just baffled and paranoid.

does anyone use Folding@Home Monitor for android? I use it to keep an eye on things while I'm at work and 5 min after I left I was sitting in line at the carwash and noticed my main pc was showing offline and for the 2 hours I was gone I was paranoid, did the house start on fire, did my computer crash or did my card die which it shouldn't because I have msi afterburner set to target gpu temps at 70c, came home and for whatever reason the folding app wasn't running, nothing in the event logs or anything. Once in a great while on a bigger WU I'll get the display adapter crashed and restarted but it always restarts and works just fine after and it leaves an error in the logs, I wash just baffled and paranoid.
I tried it but I could not figure it out.:cry:

Anyone know what is up with superducky?
I noticed that he has no points for the last two days.
He was consistently putting out 12 to 13 million points.
Since Feb. 28th his points are basically zero.
:unsure:

Can’t believe I’ve been re-churning the rigs for only 4 days and I am rapidly approaching a x2 of my original points total from my folding back in the day😳 PPD calcs are through the roof! Years back BigAdv would net, what, 66k-100k PPD or something?? Started back at 33mil, and already up to 51mil!

I got my two work rigs running for now too 😅 they need a break-in anyway, and I won’t need them for a few months so that obviously helps 🤙😎

Can’t believe I’ve been re-churning the rigs for only 4 days and I am rapidly approaching a x2 of my original points total from my folding back in the day😳 PPD calcs are through the roof! Years back BigAdv would net, what, 66k-100k PPD or something?? Started back at 33mil, and already up to 51mil!

I got my two work rigs running for now too 😅 they need a break-in anyway, and I won’t need them for a few months so that obviously helps 🤙😎
Imagine what ChasR must think of todays PPD numbers... :geek: It's insane. (and I love it). Really benefits those who adapt and upgrade their GPU's.

There are some folders are trying to catch up to me. We shall see.:ninja::nono: In 1.3weeks I will have 100 million points.(y):clap:I think nocalsteve is going to catch me.:chair:

Last edited:
Imagine what ChasR must think of todays PPD numbers... :geek: It's insane. (and I love it). Really benefits those who adapt and upgrade their GPU's.
I look at the Team Member's list and look for folders like ChasR. His total points to total WU ratio shows how tough it was to earn points before GPU folding.
ChasR: 379,924,914 total points to 380,839 total WUs. That's just under a 1000 point per WU average! Wow, just Wow.

I look at the Team Member's list and look for folders like ChasR. His total points to total WU ratio shows how tough it was to earn points before GPU folding.
ChasR: 379,924,914 total points to 380,839 total WUs. That's just under a 1000 point per WU average! Wow, just Wow.
I get about 400million in just 1 week :)
Anyone remember sfu7274456? and his CPU folding farm?

st2.jpg

2010-11-21_19-24-03_534.jpg

Last edited:
I get about 400million in just 1 week :)
Anyone remember sfu7274456? and his CPU folding farm?

View attachment 365305

View attachment 365306
Seems like yesterday...I remember reading threads back in the day when ChasR was challenging Niksub for top dog (and it wasn't friendly :) ) and Petescout and then Adak. Sure miss those 2 especially.:grouphug:

My numbers are down and everything here is OK so I assume my SIL turned off...Can't blame it been a lot warmer and they need to save money for a baby (Their first:love:).

There are some folders are trying to catch up to me. We shall see.:ninja::nono: In 1.3weeks I will have 100 million points.(y):clap:I think nocalsteve is going to catch me.:chair:

😅😅 im tryin! I have my sights set on just making it back to the top 100!

Crazy overall! Yeah—PPD was hard to get! In context—I just folded in 5 days What took me 6k+ WUs back in the day (just doubled my points this morning!

Seems like yesterday...I remember reading threads back in the day when ChasR was challenging Niksub for top dog (and it wasn't friendly :) ) and Petescout and then Adak. Sure miss those 2 especially.:grouphug:

My numbers are down and everything here is OK so I assume my SIL turned off...Can't blame it been a lot warmer and they need to save money for a baby (Their first:love:).

Do we still do a memorial fold day?

On another note, anyone also showing 0PPD/WUs for the 9am slot today? My refresh skipped that, but all three of my rigs are running just fine 🤔

😅😅 im tryin! I have my sights set on just making it back to the top 100!

Crazy overall! Yeah—PPD was hard to get! In context—I just folded in 5 days What took me 6k+ WUs back in the day (just doubled my points this morning!

Do we still do a memorial fold day?

On another note, anyone also showing 0PPD/WUs for the 9am slot today? My refresh skipped that, but all three of my rigs are running just fine 🤔
9:00 a.m. updated for me..

Pretty sure Hayesk did a Christmas thing on his own. So we'll see if Santa and elves can wake up this year at Christmas and hand out some presents.

Back