• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sleeved cable kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
traded some hardware (thanks don256us) for a thermaltake core p5 case.
I'm using blue lrt tubing.
I will run distilled water.
I am thinking about ordering a sleeved cable kit, I'm stuck on weather to order blue or white.
what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 7372_99_thermaltake-core-p5-open-air-chassis-review.jpg
    7372_99_thermaltake-core-p5-open-air-chassis-review.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 422
What color mobo and fans. If you are using something like the krait mobo I would say go with a blue set to compliment it. If you. Are using something like a MSI board that has some blue on it but not a lot it would then depend on the rest of the hardware as to what would be the better accent color.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you thought about sleeving them yourselve and doing them mainly blue with a few white accents thrown in.

the white looks good, but if you move things around a bit they will get dirty pretty quick.
i have a set of cable mod white.

I think I would do blue.
There's a few places online which sell sleeved cable sets for the G2 units.

Or, if you want to do what Lochekey said, get some MDPC-x.

I'd go white.
It would at least tie in the the mobo a bit better :)
I've always liked the look of the cables when theyre sleeved in alternating Blue and White. It's not really going to match the CHV but if I recall correctly C/D you cannot see reds, correct?

correct manny, no red, no yellow, no green, just blue and pink.
I like the set linked by scotty, blue, blue and white, the board is grey, black and a little white to me.
the way this thing fits, all cable connectors only just, almost fit, a newb would break all the connectors off the drives and that is as far as I have gotten, mocking it up.
they are injecting my eyes with chilled monkey sperm to try to see if they can change that, only changes so far are pain and boy, do I like bananas!!!!

The biggest thing to keep in mind with sleeving G2 is that all the individual wires are black. A lapsed thought makes a big and hard to recover from mix up. Ive got some SATA cables for my G2 that I will have to sort out one of these days.... The good news is that you will know that you fubbed your cables by the way the PSU refuses to power on until you remove the screwy one.

I realize that those that are more patient and detail oriented than I may not have these issues :D

man, climb trees, fling my poo, hang in the trees by my butt, all kinda good stuff.
it a trials thing, and if it helps one kid not to have to put up with the crap I did as a kid, it's all worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

what are the ocf colors?

WELL!!! this build is really big fun!!!
you have to strip the rear plate neked, every screw has to come out of it as a first step, both plates in the rear have gotta come out first and only go back in when it's time.
there is a plate for hdd mounting and another for attaching the thing to the wall and almost all the wires have to be run under both of these plates first, one mistake and you get to start over!!!
I have the cooling system running on the floor, over a drip pan, my d5 photon has decided that it's unhappy about it's new home and is protesting by slowly peeing out the water down the side of the pump, tried a new "o" ring, that was a non fix so i will be rounding up a new pump.
most of my sata data cables have a 90 degree on one end and that means that right now i can run one so now I have to wait for three more with 180's on each end, no sata data or power cables with 90's in this case.

So caddi did you decide on the color for your cables, and are you gonna buy them or make them yourself?

I'm going to buy.
it will be blue, blue, white.
I just have to get the stupid thing mocked up first!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

so far I have the motherboard mounted and one ssd installed!!!!!!

Back