• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2023 Inwin Chopin Max case + Ryzen Pro 5750G (ecc) + Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro Ax (ecc) + 32 GB DDR 3600 MHz (ecc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hehe, I built this pc just to stop using Windows for web browsing and also upgrade my computer to a smaller form factor. I strongly dislike Windows. It used to be good for me, MS and Windows now it is just ****. So I will switch to Linux for daily computer use. Will try use Windows computer for gaming only.

I wanted to add a warning about the Gigabyte motherboard. When I removed the vrm heatsink from the motherboard, not only did I had to reapply the thermal pad on top, removing the backplate exposed the existing theral pad at the back. Clearly that thermal pad at the back was not applied properly.

The issue then was that, Gigabyte's application of the thicker thermal pad that was applied at the back over some transistors/capacitors or whatever, that strip of thermal pad was curved so it did not cover all the parts. The photo below sort of indicate how bent that thermal pad was. In the photo below I had mistaken added a third layer of thermal pad, which is too much as the backplate is shaped, such that only two layers is required to replace the old thick thermal pad.

Maybe this thermal pad at the back isn't a big deal, but it certainly looked wrong when the pad did not really cover all the parts as it should.

Now that I look at the photo again, I do realize that the pad DID cover all the parts, but it sort of looked wrong.
The black thermal pad there which was removed has here been straightend out, it was applied cuved previously, I just placed it next to the new pad for the photo.

Attachments

• off.JPG
    off.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 2
I don't know for what you use it, but considering the setup, it costs about as much as getting a new-gen NUC with the i5 CPU.

I guess you would want to use wifi keyboard and wifi mouse? As there is only the two usb ports on it.

I guess you would want to use wifi keyboard and wifi mouse? As there is only the two usb ports on it.
2 front, 2 back. All USB 3/4. I will probably use it as an HTPC with a VM running as a server with remote access, but I found some problems with my ISP and I can't enable RDP, VPN, or DynDNS. Well, everything works, but the ISP modem is blocking all required ports and I don't want to pay twice as much for a business option.

Some other brands have that little problem with pads too. It's not always but sometimes happens. However, as I remember it always covers what's the most important. It's just weird when it's not applied properly.
On one of my Gigabyte mobos, there was a pad missing and it was crucial because, under the pressure, the backplate was touching the back of the power connector, causing a short and the motherboard was turning off. It was random and at first, I didn't know what was happening.

Btw, I just learned that I can seemingly check ram temps using free (trial) Aida64 Extreme software. One has to enable the dimm temp sensor feature in the settings, as it is off by default.

File -> Setting -> Stability -> DIMM thermal sensor support = enabled

Seems like my ram on my other computer is running its 4 sticks at between 35-37 deg C while watching youtube in the internet browser. DDR4 ram running at 3333 MHz.
Ambient temp = 24 deg C

You can check this and many other things in hwinfo64. It's free, and many more sensors are supported.

I thought at first, booting up this computer for the first time, that I must use Displayport, however testing this again, I can also use either of the two HDMI ports instead of the Displayport for getting into bios.
I had difficult doing this at first but I must have made some mistake, and so I thought I had to somehow rely on just the Displayport channel to get into bios without an OS on this thing (yet).

So, all ok. I can ofc use either of the three video outputs from the mobo to get into the bios.

I'll buy a cheap secondary monitor until I can save up for a nice one. Though I noticed today that the cheapest ones only came with AVI DVI VGA and a single HDMI port, so I had to retest this today.

I think I will not want to go OLED and stick with an IPS panel, becuase I am unlikely to be watching movies on this secondary monitor. Or maybe I do, ****, can't decide.
I want an ultrawide monitor as a secondary monitor, maybe even a gently curved one. This ofc has some predictable problems associated to it, with the aspect ratio being unusual probably creating two big black bars on the sides when viewing some 1080p video content.

Last edited:
Back