• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new setup!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dlaw

Preamble:

Whelp, when I tore down my water loop for the 1 year maintenance, I realized that one of the O-ring seals for the pump had come apart and lodged itself in my pump. Long story short, my pump is dead. What's worse, is that it stained all of my parts, so scrubbing I went. Here's where I made a mistake:

I put all of my fittings in a bowl of distilled water that was hot, but I could still put my hands in. I added about a tablespoon of dish soap and let them soak for around an hour. Turns out, that the plating isn't designed for temperatures as high as the water I had them in, or something. I Ruined all of them.

The good news is I still have all of the blocks, and aside from some mild staining, they're still in good shape. I took them apart and cleaned them thoroughly. I'll need to thoroughly flush the radiators again when I get to putting it all back together, but for now everything's back on air. I fully intended to have a truly kick-*** build for you guys, but that's not going to happen this year.

Now then:

So, I've got new stuff I want to show you guys!

20170515_175800.jpg

Let me know what you all think, and maybe what I did wrong with my loop if you want.

I really like the full led kit.
you just need a little something to tighten up the gatoraide.

Dat wallpaper/paint... :p

Oh, the pc.. looks great? I dont see the loop and such to say anything elss?

he's back on air now.
I use cascade and boiling water to flush mine and have had no issues with it.

what, the black thing on the left?
what's wrong is to the left of the monitor, that blue fluid in the bottle, see it? it needs spring clear to clock it up, that's straight gatoraide!!!!!!!

I really like the full led kit.
you just need a little something to tighten up the gatoraide.

Yea, there's about to be a beer in that spot. I've learned my lesson on drinking heavy during the week.

Dat wallpaper/paint... :p

Oh, the pc.. looks great? I dont see the loop and such to say anything elss?

Indeed, the paint needs to go. This was my old desk area, before we had my youngest and made it her play area. Now that she doesn't use it (and I don't have room in the living room anymore), I've taken back over.

he's back on air now.
I use cascade and boiling water to flush mine and have had no issues with it.

Great.. still cant see squat..(the inside of the pc). :)

The new case isn't windowed (and I'm glad, because there's also no room behind the board for cables). The parts are all the same though, minus the waterblocks and such.

what, the black thing on the left?
what's wrong is to the left of the monitor, that blue fluid in the bottle, see it? it needs spring clear to clock it up, that's straight gatoraide!!!!!!!

Beer's there now, but I'm too lazy to take a pic of it.

Here's a video of how it looks in action:

Last edited:
Lol. Yea, I might take the decals off, and maybe find some that are a little more "grown up". I like the blue sky look though, and I'm thinking about incorporating it into my rebuild when I can do it.

Thanks man, I like them a lot. I got them from Shapeways.com, and if you click the link, you'll see that they're designed as part of the "Diver" (without the face shield) and "Astronaut" (with the face shield) keycap sets. I just wanted the skulls, but I'm hoping that the designer of these, Tasker, can hook me up with some "skirting(?)" with the key names cut out, so they look a little more natural.

The tire is perfect for my Esc key. In CS:GO, I'm constantly hitting the tilde key when reaching for Esc, because the two rows are so close together on this keyboard. The tire stands just a little bit taller than the normal R4 keys, so it's a little more distinguishable by touch.

I've been following that build too! Excellent quality, MonsterMawd doesn't disappoint!

I agree, the tires would be a great addition to his keyboard!

That looks pretty cool, I'll have to check it out when it releases.

Here's some better pictures, with the lighting scheme I've settled on for now:

20170603_184533.jpg

20170603_184607.jpg

20170603_190358.jpg

Also, here's a video of the lighting effects I've chosen:

I added a red dot on my skulls' foreheads for my CS:GO Kill counter. Check out the video:

The video demos:
1) No kills
2) 5 regular kills
3) 5 kills of both regular and headshots
4) 5 headshots
6) 7 regular kills
7) 7 mixed kills
8) 7 headshots

Back