• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with overclocking XFX R7 260x 2GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeamsLegitGamin

I realize a XFX R7 260x isn't the ideal gaming GPU for today's games but I came across one for free and couldn't resist trying it out. It's currently the best GPU I have (lol) and would like to see what I could get out of it with some overclocking. **I am using air cooling only**

I have no idea the best way to overclock an AMD GPU. Tried googling and got outdated videos that don't work anymore. Was wondering if someone could help me.

Thanks!

Download , Msi afterburner , or watt man . As well as something to stress test after you oc , fur mark or valley bench.

is the problem with wattman screwing up cards fixed? whenever you change the clock even if you dont touch wattman and use say afterburner has this been fixed?

I should clarify since wattman come out i had no luck ocing my cards or even touching any settings even voltage change messes up clocks.

if touched it would default too 125mhz core 300 or 350 mhz mem. even if i changed for instance mem voltage by 1mv or something , this is after 2 or so years of running the cards at like 1200mhz core 1400 mem without issues so its a weird wattman thing.

I just assume they haven't fixed any of it because the only thing i ever see in their driver updates lately is addressing the 5xx cards and now the RX cards not anything about 300 series or 200 series or older cards.

It would be nice if AMD addresses this or just allows wattman to be completely disabled with a check box.

Last edited:
Download , Msi afterburner , or watt man . As well as something to stress test after you oc , fur mark or valley bench.

17.8.2 will allow you to overclock.. but you must do so with the wattman software or it will act crazy.

no overclocking programs can be used together on this but its the first driver ive seen the 2xx series AMD GPU's not lock up on.

I should add it took me some tinkering to make this work in wattman. but it does work if done right.

Back